1999 LX470 w/ 125k - Good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hard to tell the color from the pics, but if its 'Smoky Topaz Mica'...better check it for paint fade (spots).

Paint Code: 1C2 on door sticker

Reactions: jLB
I think he's a little high. If I was going to spend that I'd look at a 2000+ with higher mileage and good records and get ATRAC. Based on what I paid for a 99 with 170k miles I'd think 12 to 13 would be a good price for this one if it had good service records, but prices for these seem all over the place depending on where you are

My use case is daily driver with occasional Forrest service road, sometimes snow in mountains. How often will i use ATRAC or rear locker?

It looks great to me. I would lock in $14.5 with him and then travel. Three hours isn't bad and I just got finished reading a thread where everyone was saying that PNW 100's are more pricey than most of the rest of the country (except CO?)

I'm partial to '99's but anyone has GOT to dig on such an inviting inside and a great bottom when peeking up from under...

One vote for not hesitating to buy at that price and feeling great if you can get it for a pound under.

Cheers,

How can you tell if it's "locked"? I thought the button with the outline of four wheels and an "x" in the middle was the locking differential. Is there something else? And what are the advantages of ATRAC

That is the center diff lock. basically splits power 50-50 front to back. You can search more on here but ATRAC is a traction control system that is supposed to simulate a locker, keeps power to the wheels that are gripping. With only the center diff lock in a situation where the front right is spinning , and the back left is spinning you basically lose all power to drive forward because it's all going to those wheels with no traction. with a rear locker both wheels will receive the same amount of power even if one tire is in the air.

I've been pretty surprised with my 99 (no ATRAC ) with only a center diff lock and limited slip diff in the rear so far. For the type of stuff I do (light wheeling, fire roads and camping) it is working well....I do wish I had ATRAC just for peace of mind

My use case is daily driver with occasional Forrest service road, sometimes snow in mountains. How often will i use ATRAC or rear locker?

That's what I do basically other than daily driving. I wouldn't be concerned with not having a rear locker.

stuff like this photo is about as far as I have taken it so far. She would climb up it and go down without issue.

20190525_150752.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm passing on it. He won't go below $16k without the rack (and no factory replacement from him), or $17k with the rack as shown. I'm going to keep looking. It's on craigslist if others are interested.

It looks great to me. I would lock in $14.5 with him and then travel.

With that in mind, I have a '99 with 368K miles. Rear locker works perfectly. Runs and drives smooth as silk. Good 285 tires. Few cosmetic blems but I would drive it anywhere on the planet today. I'll sell it to you for $6500.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'm passing on it. He won't go below $16k without the rack (and no factory replacement from him), or $17k with the rack as shown. I'm going to keep looking. It's on craigslist if others are interested.

Whoa, I thought in post 1 you said $15500, which seemed a little high—he wants $18k! That price would be what I’d expect to see for a similar mileage 03-05, maybe slightly under. And Shoot, for another 7 you could probably get an early 200 with similar miles if you were patient.
Good move passing on it, says I.

Whoa, I thought in post 1 you said $15500, which seemed a little high—he wants $18k! That price would be what I’d expect to see for a similar mileage 03-05, maybe slightly under. And Shoot, for another 7 you could probably get an early 200 with similar miles if you were patient.
Good move passing on it, says I.

We'll see. Seems like LC/LX with no rust go for crazy money up here, even with high mileage...

The negative issues with the '98-99 LXs is it doesn't not have ATRAC or the rear locker option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom