1999 LX470 Brake Pedal reassembly ABS swap help needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow mudders,

I lost my brakes to the dreaded ABS Brake Light Tone combo last week. 214k. It was a good run.
I have followed many of your thoughtful guides here on swapping out the abs and was successful on getting it installed.

1 quick tip: I used the "provided toolkit" 12mm crescent to remove the stubborn top right nut from the master cylinder, after several telescoping universal tries. Came right off.

The problem I am having is after getting a little overzealous removing things, I cannot get the rear smaller bolt that sits roughly below the pin and clip, back in to the frame. It's an awkward position, and have tried using wire to line it up, etc. to no avail. Any tricks on getting that bearing lined up to get that nut back through, without pulling the whole assembly out?

I attached a picture of the assembly from an auction, for better reference..

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.14.09 PM copy.png

oof, just a follow up. I put everything else back together and that thing kind of fell in to place... If you happen upon this entry for some reason, and you have replaced or are thinking of replacing your ABS. I highly recommend doing it yourself. It's easy to swap, and so is bleeding your own brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom