1999 LX470 2 inch lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I recently finished installing the Ironman 4x4 2 inch lift on my LX470. The ride quality is much better then my shot AHC suspension, but feels a bit bouncy and is taller then I had expected.
I am also now experiencing a slight vibration around 70 mph.
I do more city/highway driving then off-roading and would like a good feel on road.

I ordered a diff drop kit to help my CVs and wonder if I need to get an adjustable or upgraded control arm (like Doninson or nitro)?

I plan on replacing the U joints on the rear drive shaft (I think that’s the main cause of my vibration). I am also wondering if I need to go with a double cardan drive shaft or if the factory will be ok.

Any advice and guidance is much appreciated!!

495777AB-3AE5-4C30-9759-824404075A21.jpeg

The factory shaft is plenty enough for the task, and the lift should settle some with time and use. Honestly I'd hold off on new parts unless I could find a hard reason for them (i.e., alignment shop absolutely cannot get castor (caster?) in line with factory control arms).

Looks fantastic—love the green!

The factory shaft is plenty enough for the task, and the lift should settle some with time and use. Honestly I'd hold off on new parts unless I could find a hard reason for them (i.e., alignment shop absolutely cannot get castor (caster?) in line with factory control arms).

Looks fantastic—love the green!
I also am leaning towards as stock as possible. I’m out in New Mexico. Truck is from New York. The guy who did the alignment was so scared of the rusty control arm bolts he didn’t bother touching them haha. Right now I’m running way too much camber. That being said I ordered new bolts and will have to replace and try to find a new shop for the alignment.

feels a bit bouncy and is taller then I had expected.
I am also now experiencing a slight vibration around 70 mph.
I do more city/highway driving then off-roading and would like a good feel on road.
Remove it all and install factory LC suspension.

Hello neighbor! I live right smack dab in the center of NM

I have the same lift on mine and am able to get right at 2° caster so haven't worried about UCAs. There is a good chance your vibration could be caused by the angle if the CVs, especially if they are aftermarket. I have the Foam Cell Pro shocks and have no bounce at all.

I have a 98 LX that is my toy. I love the Ironman suspension for windy roads and washboards, but love the AHC suspension on my stock 99 (grocery getter) on highway road trips.

Hello neighbor! I live right smack dab in the center of NM

I have the same lift on mine and am able to get right at 2° caster so haven't worried about UCAs. There is a good chance your vibration could be caused by the angle if the CVs, especially if they are aftermarket. I have the Foam Cell Pro shocks and have no bounce at all.

I have a 98 LX that is my toy. I love the Ironman suspension for windy roads and washboards, but love the AHC suspension on my stock 99 (grocery getter) on highway road trips.
Hey there neighbor! Good to hear about the alignment. Now I just need to find someone decent in town to do it. I agree the vibration could be from the cvs. My u joints looked trashed prior to lifting so those need replaced regardless.
I have the truck close to a level stance so maybe easing up on the TBs a turn will soften the front a touch.

Thanks for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom