1999 Lexus LX470 Transfer case Lever Moving but NOT changing gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, appreciate anyone that can provide some insight. About a week ago I started having the issue where the transfer case lever was stuck and wouldn't budge. I followed some suggestions from the forum and opened up the center console and sprayed some WD-40 into the suggested parts. Eventually the lever started moving but now I'm noticing that although the lever is moving it's never actually switching out of 4H. Even if I pull it all the way down or in the neutral position it always remains in 4H. I didn't notice any posts regarding this topic so sorry if there's a duplicate.

Depends on if it's all there and just unbolted or what's going on. You can look in the FSM, there's online versions available, and see what it "should" look like to see if anything's missing and also get instructions on assembly. Before that you need to ask too - why is it disconnected? That's not something a bolt just rattles loose on really. You didn't say if you're new to the truck, but did the PO disconnect low range for a reason?

Depends on if it's all there and just unbolted or what's going on. You can look in the FSM, there's online versions available, and see what it "should" look like to see if anything's missing and also get instructions on assembly. Before that you need to ask too - why is it disconnected? That's not something a bolt just rattles loose on really. You didn't say if you're new to the truck, but did the PO disconnect low range for a reason?
I've had the truck for almost 2 years now. I'm not sure why it's disconnected. I used the transfer case in January without any issues and the most recent time I went off-roading the lever wouldn't move. Then I followed a forum that said open the center console and lubricate the area where two washers are. Drove around for a bit and noticed I could move the lever finally but that it wasn't actually switching gears. Followed your suggestion and went under and noticed it was disconnected.

It should just be a simple connection to make. I just had 2 cases out recently for regearing. I don't remember exactly what kind of fastener it is, though. Maybe @patchagan can help my memory on that.

disconnectedlinkage.jpeg

It should just be a simple connection to make. I just had 2 cases out recently for regearing. I don't remember exactly what kind of fastener it is, though. Maybe @patchagan can help my memory on that.
Just posted a picture of what mine looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom