For Sale Reduced! 1999 Lexus LX470 Canadian Delivery - Factory Rear Locker - San Diego, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/escondido-1999-lexus-lx470-rear-locker/7358969550.html
Testing the waters on selling my LX470. The left rear shock is leaking a bit and instead of doing a full OME swap, I'm offering it up for sale at the moment. It's been a great rig. Will go anywhere! If you want to convert this to a non-AHC vehicle, Slee sells a kit for around 1,000 and you've got brand new suspension!

The factory rear locker on these is super rare. It is a Canadian delivery truck. It was in the snow and has a bit of rust. Nothing too crazy at all. I'm the 3rd owner. I bought it from a pediatric doctor, who's wife drove this. He spent a ton of money on keeping it in good shape at Lexus of Escondido.

I've only taken it to SD Trux to have work done. I had the timing belt combo done in Aug 2019 which includes the water pump, tensioner, idler bearing, serp belt pulley, thermostat and a few others. I also had a factory radiator installed. That was 14k miles ago and cost $2,400.

Just after that I installed a new factory A/C condenser and dryer and charged the system.

Tires are in great shape and the spare is new, which matches the other 4 tires.

The underside of the car has mostly surface rust, with only two (I believe) rust through spots, at the lowest corner of the rear quarter panel, just behind the mud flaps. (pictures shown)

There was some rust around the windshield. When my girlfriend tried to push a paddleboard through the windshield, it cracked. I decided to completely strip the windshield frame to bare metal, epoxy primer, paint, clear coat and install a new factory windshield with new factory parts. My paint work leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure somebody who knows what they're doing can fix it. But I guarantee it won't rust there again!

The car shows 359000KM, which is about 223k miles. Engine is excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to take this cross country today. It's been to Utah and Colorado over the past year.

Looking for 9,000 If you're not from the area, I'm happy to work with you on showing you anything you'd like to see, or getting a PPI on your dime. I'll also offer to personally deliver it if you pay for gas and a flight back! :) Or I suppose I'll ship it too....

IMG_2845.jpeg

IMG_2846.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a few more pics of the underside, which is probably the most important. 24 or so pics in my CL ad as well:

IMG_2830.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2842.jpeg

UPDATE: just replaced rear shocks with OEM shocks. Getting ahc fluid to flush/bleed this week! No more issues.

Another update…. My globes were toast too. Removed hydraulic shocks and replaced with OEM Toyota LC shocks. ARB torsion bars are on their way for a stock LC setup. (As close as can be with thicker torsion bars).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom