1999 Lexus LX 470 good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
am currently being offered a 1999 Lexus LX 470 in trade for my 2000 jeep wrangler Lexus ahs just over 150,000 miles all service completed at a lexus dealer in Rockville MD has not been driven much in the last 10 years maybe 8,000 miles timing belt water pump etc. done at 144,000 miles it is clean and has been garage kept what are the things I should be aware of on these or should I stay away

Thank you,
Dan

All I know (learned in the past few days) about these LC and LX is the underbody is very complex, unlike American trucks and SUVs they a lot are exposed and accessible. Check closely under the car for body panel bolting points and seams, little screws for cables and wires etc. Also run your finger along the INSIDE of the rear wheel well sheet metal (the fender arch, not the coated surfaces). I think the interior surface of the fender arch is not rubber coated and is simple neutral colored paint. It collects dirt and grime (although interestingly it rarely cause inside-out corroson/paint bubble, weird).

Only body/rust can destroy these LC/LX, so as long as the LX470 runs, it's a good deal

My only worries on the LX470's is the AHC system. I almost pulled the trigger on a 99 LX470 with 100k miles, but it had been in the dealer 3 times in 3 years for AHC related issues, and it didn't seem like they were fixed based on the service history.

Inspect it very closely, post some pictures of questionable areas. My 100 series has been pretty trouble free, only a new alternator and radiator since getting this one at 166k and putting almost 40k on it. The only "problem" I completely missed was the missing skid plates! So I haven't actually taken it off road, since I don't want to risk it.

Post the service history - if you have the vin you can pull it here - Lexus Service History | Lexus Drivers - just set up an account- plug in the vin - and you can download a PDF of the complete dealer service history. Don't trust the dealer when they say " yeah it's been serviced"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom