1999 LC - rack and pinion, options or not really? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys ,

I'm new to this forum and to my 1999 LC .
As I'm writing this message ,the car is at the mechanic shop getting the following replaced:
Aisin timing by kit plus the cam&crank gaskets. Thermostat with his gasket /seal.toyota pig tube for the water pump sealing.

Fan bracket Aisin
Fan clutch Aisin
Serpentine by by dayco.
Toyota OEM serpentine tensioner
Radiator with it's hoses.
Heater hoses with both of the T connectors.
2 window regulators
Spark plugs (maybe coils)
And maybe some other small things that I have forgot.

So my next thing to fix/replace is the rack and pinion.

I wanted to ask if this will be considered a good deal ?
Screenshot_20210520-120459_eBay.jpg

Yes that seems like a pretty good deal!

you can get that type of pricing from a dealership. Participating dealers are offering free shipping with purchase over $75.00 with code "FREESHIP". When price checking dealers double check if they have a core charge. Some will list their rack as $450 range but have a $150 core charge. Others will be around $550ish......Toyota also offers reman's for around $350. Good luck......I personally went with a brand new OEM. I also have the one I recently removed that could potentially be rebuilt, but shipping would be most likely expensive and with a rebuild kit/labor you are probably at a reman from dealer.

What's wrong with your rack? Leaking? I would try atp 205 stop leak first. I've used it 3 times so far for my rack, a friend's power steering leak, and for my transfer case output leak and it has worked every time so far. The rack and the labor is a big expense so i would get as much out of it as i could before you replace.

Not just any stop leak. Specifically atp 205. Try it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom