1999 Landcruiser Master Window Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I've been a lurker for awhile now and I'm having issues with my master window switch. The existing one had issues with the physical button on the switch so I decided to order a replacement from the Switch Doctor at switchdoctor dot net and after installing the replacement I'm still having issues.

With the new switch installed, the window rolls down but not up. It's totally unresponsive when I command the window closed. However, all of the other buttons works just fine. I had to reinstall the old master window switch to get the window back up. I contacted the Switch Doctor and they sent me a replacement 2 days later and I am still having the same issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing? I'm assuming that this window switch from the Switch Doctor is incompatible with my year LC.

Thanks!

Dan

Could it be a bad wire where the harness from behind the door card meets the harness at the door hinges? I've had issues on previous trucks where the switch was fine but wires had been damaged enough to work intermittently. Worth checking. Could also be the window actuator that's headed south. Had that happen in our 2003 100 years ago.

Could it be a bad wire where the harness from behind the door card meets the harness at the door hinges? I've had issues on previous trucks where the switch was fine but wires had been damaged enough to work intermittently. Worth checking. Could also be the window actuator that's headed south. Had that happen in our 2003 100 years ago.
Yeah it's possible it's a wire thing but it just doesn't make sense that both new master window switches didn't function in the same way and as soon as I install the original unit, it works!

Yeah it's possible it's a wire thing but it just doesn't make sense that both new master window switches didn't function in the same way and as soon as I install the original unit, it works!

It's wiring or a physical/mechanical problem with the window regulator. My bet would be wiring, very common issue where the harness exits the door jamb. OEM switch probably just has better contacts than the Switch Doctor and 'barely' allows enough more electrical current to operate the window. Check your wiring.

I've been diagnosing a similar problem. 2007LX. Motor sounded like it was dying and switch was screaming when button pushed. Had a replacement switch and motor to try out and cleaned and greased regulator.

No improvement.

Pulled out the multimeter, found 12v entering (blue wire?) and leaving (green/yellow wires?) the switch, but only 8.5v at the connector to the motor.

Going to splice a line between the harnesses before I track down a new female connector to the motor's harness.

Might try to diagnose why my power mirror controls have no power when I go back in there.

Hello all, I've been a lurker for awhile now and I'm having issues with my master window switch. The existing one had issues with the physical button on the switch so I decided to order a replacement from the Switch Doctor at switchdoctor dot net and after installing the replacement I'm still having issues.

With the new switch installed, the window rolls down but not up. It's totally unresponsive when I command the window closed. However, all of the other buttons works just fine. I had to reinstall the old master window switch to get the window back up. I contacted the Switch Doctor and they sent me a replacement 2 days later and I am still having the same issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing? I'm assuming that this window switch from the Switch Doctor is incompatible with my year LC.

Thanks!

Dan
Yep. Same thing here.
It would appear our bargain-basket switch replacement isn't exactly a direct replacement.
But at the price, I'll go along with holding my finger on the "up" for a longer than I used to.
I do miss it tho...

I ordered a $87 switch doctor and a cheap $20 chinese master switch from amazon. There is no discernable difference between the two. They look identical and the switches feel the same. I figured I would put that out, in case anyone wants to save a few more dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom