1999 Landcruiser Brake Dust Shields (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everybody,

I have a 1999 Landcruiser which has spent most of its life in the Northeast, so it has a lot of underbody rust.

I am currently replacing calipers, brake hoses and lines; I have a couple of questions for you -

My brake dust shields are pretty rotted out - how important are these and where can I find replacements, and what kind of a job is it to replace them.

Also, any thoughts on how to get ancient rusted rotors loose?

Thank you for your help,

JBenton

I would say the brake dust shields are very important. They help prevent rocks, mud, and other debris from getting between the pad & rotor and ruining or hindering your braking ability. They can be found on just about any parts website such as Partsouq, McGeorge Toyota, Olathe Toyota, etc...

Front Left Brake Dust Shield: 47782-60110
Front Right Brake Dust Shield: 47781-60110

When you say that your rotors are stuck, are you saying that the hub assembly has seized to it and you can't separate them after removing the hu bolts? Or you can't pull the hub/rotor assembly off of the knuckle?

Last edited:
I would say the brake dust shields are very important. They help prevent rocks, mud, and other debris from getting between the pad & rotor and ruining or hindering your braking ability. They can be found on just about nay parts website such as Partsouq, McGeorge Toyota, Olathe Toyota, etc...

Front Left Brake Dust Shield: 47782-60110
Front Right Brake Dust Shield: 47781-60110

When you say that your rotors are stuck, are you saying that the hub assembly has seized to it and you can't separate them after removing the hu bolts? Or you can't pull the hub/rotor assembly off of the knuckle?
Forger,
Thank you very much.
I found the dust shields on Partsouq and i figured out my error with the rotor.
My only experience with rotors is on a wheel drive GMC, and I didn't think to remove the hub.
Thank you very much for your help!
JBenton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom