For Sale 1999 Land Cruiser SLC UT (Dealer) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came across this yesterday. A little out of my price range or I would scoop this up. 88k miles. Serviced at a local shop. Not sure about the rust situation (park city Utah = salty roads). He listed at 15k and has since bumped it up. No timing belt service, all in it becomes outta my range.

That was for sale for 10K FIRM on the tribune Monday.

@ginericLC called on it and tried to get it but there were 3 people headed there.

Yeah the dealer who's selling it now beat me there by about 10 minutes. Deal of a lifetime slipped right through my fingers :( I did test drive it and crawl around underneath. There is some surface rust on the undercarriage but nothing too bad. It felt a little bouncier than expected on the test drive so the suspension most likely needs a bit of freshening up. Otherwise it was very clean.

You test drove it and didn't drive away with it immediately?? :rolleyes:

The dealer who is currently selling it beat me to the deal by about 10 minutes and bought it for $10000. They now have it listed for much more than that. I'm cheap so I'd probably resent that cruiser if I bought it from the dealer at $15000-$16000 when I almost had it for $10000.

If the dealer beat you there, how did you drive it? The dealer bought it immediately so need for further test drives.

I hear what you’re saying, I wouldn’t buy it now either. The right one I’ll come along.

If the dealer beat you there, how did you drive it? The dealer bought it immediately so need for further test drives.

I hear what you’re saying, I wouldn’t buy it now either. The right one I’ll come along.

Sorry I didn't make that clear. The dealer beat me there but I went to their dealership the next day and test drove it just to see what I missed out on (I'm a glutton for punishment). I also wanted to see how they beat me to it cause I have a web scraper set up that sends me any new LC or LX posting as soon as it's posted. It turns out the original seller had bought a car from this dealership previously and had a good relationship with them so he texted them a few minutes before he posted it and that's all they needed to get to it before me.

Damn that sucks. You should give them a low ball offer like $12k and see what they say. LMAO. There will be a sucker that didn't know any better and buy it for asking price.

You can always buy my LX ahahah OME lift already and almost no rust. But it's an 2004 with 189k Hood is oxidizing but other than that she is pretty good.

You can always buy my LX ahahah OME lift already and almost no rust. But it's an 2004 with 189k Hood is oxidizing but other than that she is pretty good.

Miles nor year really make much difference to me. Price and maintenance done are my big concerns. PM me if you're serious and we can talk price/condition of your LX.

Miles nor year really make much difference to me. Price and maintenance done are my big concerns. PM me if you're serious and we can talk price/condition of your LX.
Also not to detract from my own LX selling but one of the Cruiseroutfitter's employees is selling a Very well maintained Land cruiser.

Also not to detract from my own LX selling but one of the Cruiseroutfitter's employees is selling a Very well maintained Land cruiser.

Ha ha that's a pretty big detraction but I'll try not to let it bias me. Is it on KSL?

oh, do tell about the cruiseroutffiter's rig for sale, as I'm selling my '95 FZJ80...

Zz

Last edited:
I assumed that's the one you were referring to. That picture of all the work orders/receipts is pretty great. I just haven't got around to going to check it out but I think I'm going to. I wouldn't mind a LX with the updated transmission though...wink wink nudge nudge.

Last edited:
I tried buying it. I was the first caller but I'm 4.5 hours away. I told him I'd send him 1k to hold it. He told me to start driving but he wouldn't hold it. I knew it wouldn't make it until lunch and it didn't so I didn't even bother trying. I had a friend who lives in PC scheduled to go get it for me at lunch but it was already gone. Between my first call and second call he had 38 calls on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom