For Sale 1998 LX470, 175k, Gainesville, FL, $10.5k invested, asking $7k obo (price drop 7/19) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

(scroll down for pictures)
1998 Lexus LX470, VIN# JT6HT00W4W0017012
~175k
Clean title
I’m the third owner since 146k, purchased 9/22/2016, truck located in Gainesville, FL
  • Resided in North Carolina until 54k, and Florida-owned till present in Jacksonville and Gainesville
  • Hasn’t seen any off-roading with me, previous owner’s wife used it to ferry kids around Jacksonville, so likely little or no off-roading by second owner; most of the miles by me are highway commuting miles.
  • Lexus dealer records from new till ~140k, and Indie shop or Toyota records from ~140k till present. Many items replaced or repaired by dealer under warranty previous to my ownership
  • Oil changes every 3-5k with Mobil 1 Advanced Synthetic or Royal Purple 5W-30 (I had some Royal Purple coupons, why not?)
  • Interior leather cleaned and conditioned with Lexol four times during ownership
  • AHC and 4x4 system works as it should, undercarriage clean and without rust, some surface corrosion on engine bay protection plate
  • Paint scuffs on both sides of rear bumper (compliments of my wonderful coworkers backing out next to the LX and scraping against bumper, happened four (!) times)
  • Sunroof intermittently leaks from dome light, recent issue I have not addressed. Front portion of headliner around dome light slightly discolored from this, hard to notice really
  • Interior in excellent condition, driver’s seat in good condition, some wearing on upper part of steering wheel
  • Exterior in good condition, some door dings all around, small areas of gray paint flaking on lower doors, one area where scratch was repaired. Roof is the worst, see pictures
  • Only damage I can find on body is that rear hatch does not sit flush with body on the driver’s side, apparently the previous owner’s wife backed the LX into something with the rear hatch up, bending the rear hatch slightly. It does not leak and is cosmetic, and there is a small area where the rear hatch rubs against the body.
  • Sometimes the rear bushings creak, I suspect it is the bushings but it does not happen enough for me to have addressed it yet
Selling because my priorities have changed. Truck is paid off and I’m in no rush to sell; there’s no financial hardship forcing sale.

~$10,500 invested in preventative maintenance with labor, all invoices and receipts available:
  • Toyo Open Country H/T 114H P275/70R16 with alignment and balance (11/21/16)
  • Two new OEM key FOBs (11/16)
  • Front brake pads replaced, front brake service, alignment (11/23/16)
  • Rear brakes pad replaced, rotors resurfaced (6/30/17)
  • Rebuilt OEM Master Brake Cylinder with fluid flush (6/17)
  • OEM Timing belt service (new timing belt, drive belt, hydraulic tensioner, idler pulley, tension idler roller assembly, front crankshaft seal, front camshaft seals, water pump) (1/16/2018)
  • Denso radiator, OEM upper and lower coolant hoses, thermostat with seal (1/16/2018)
  • Reconditioned OEM power steering rack (1/16/2018)
  • New OEM tie rod ends with alignment (1/16/2018)
  • Transmission, front and rear differential, and transfer case fluid flush (1/16/2018)
  • New OEM thermostat housing coolant pipe and T hose for heater water pipe (1/25/2018)
  • New OEM power steering pump and reservoir (4/17/2018)
  • New OEM A/C condenser fan (4/17/2018)
  • New A/C refrigerant with dye, no leaks detected (4/24/18)
  • New Power steering reservoir line and return hose (5/16/2018)
  • Front and rear brake pads replaced, rotors resurfaced, and bearings packed; brake fluid flush (11/28/2018)
  • New OEM CV axles with alignment, AHC fluid flush, new OEM upper radiator and throttle body hose with clamps, new crankshaft and camshaft seal (dealer performed labor and reopened engine for timing belt service to confirm no further issues after crankshaft and camshaft found weeping oil, no issues) (6/14/19)
Asking $7k obo.

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

Last edited:
Please lemme know what more you want pictures of, I took these quickly and can take more detailed photos. Also, in IMG 2159, those are not cracks. I think I took pictures of the mentioned imperfections, I will upload more later. Making margaritas right now lol. Edit: The roof is the worst part of the exterior by far, and the clamps for the P/S lines are not OEM. Most of the engine clamps are the OEM Toyota ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom