1998 LC - Recently addicted. (*Warning - pictures of an addict) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my name is Johnny and I become easily addicted to cool sh**. Glad to be here.
Long time creeper, first time poster.
We bought Aaron F's '98 LC100 off BAT about a month ago now.
We flew from Jax, FL to Denver to meet him and pick it up. We're pumped. (*Aaron, if you're reading this, thanks again buddy for staying in touch after the sale.)
Aaron had it pretty well built-up when we bought it, which certainly makes it nice - although, I was looking forward to modifying one myself - it provided the opportunity for instant fun and camping.
We drove the truck the 1800something miles back to North Florida, and made a few pitstops along the way.
We did some light wheeling just West of CO Springs, then again in some creek bottom area somewhere in Northwest Texas. Made a stop in Dallas to see my brother, then off to LSU campus (GEAUX Tigers!). Stopped and camped in West FL (Blackwater River State Park, great site up on a bluff overlooking a bend in the river) (*I forgot my fly rod), then on to Jax Beach.
Really only had one hiccup along the way when the motor completely died and we lost all power in the middle of downtown Dallas. (*Aaron gave me the heads up that it had happened once before on his trip to Montana, and gave me the throttle assy lever part with the truck, which is the code that his mechanic read a bad sensor on.) Turned off the ignition, then right back on, happened one more time, later on.
We have now taken the truck up to Southern Indiana (*our hometown) for deer hunting and family Turkey time. The driver side CV started clicking after a hefty weekend of deer hunting, light trail riding and pulling deer out of the woods.
I have since had the CV's both replaced at the Toyota dealer with new OEM's along with the throttle lever assy, an oil change and rotate and balance done. (*Drove 800+miles back down to FL and did not lose power.)
We have additional plans, but for now are over the moon and can't stop planning the next adventures.
See you addicts out there.
P.s. Would love to meet up with any FL/GA fellas (or fellettes?) to talk shop, camp and/or hunt and fish. I am proficient at beer drinking as well.

"The tide and time stop for no man."
JR

20201128_090243.jpg

20201112_164257.jpg

20201115_102352.jpg

20201115_103107.jpg

Resized_20201112_165330.jpg

Congratulations. I missed that one but went back to find the listing. Very nice, well equipped truck. I had never heard of the Goose Gear seat delete platform but I like it.

Congratulations. I missed that one but went back to find the listing. Very nice, well equipped truck. I had never heard of the Goose Gear seat delete platform but I like it.
We're liking it so far. We don't have kids, so if given the choice we probably would have deleted the 40% seat, not the 60%. That way we could have an extra couple in the back seat, when needed. But we're going to roll with it for now. We have the 60% seat, so might swap it out one day. Sketching plans now to build my plywood drawer and the GG seat delete platform will provide a nice mounting platform for that.

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom