1998 LC o2 simulator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, all. Newbie here. I just bought a 98 Land Cruiser last weekend. On the drive home, I smelled that rotted egg smell that tells me a cat is clogging up. Then, I notice a small exhaust leak. Turns out, the downstream sensor ejected itself, as I'm reading is common to happen. I'm going to have a new exhaust put on and I live in a non emissions state, so I want to cut these things out for good. What I'm stumped on, is the best method of the rear o2 simulators.

- The expensive ones from URD are only available as universal for this truck, and emphasis on being expensive.
- I decided to weld in a bung, run a non fouler, and send it. However, this is the two bolt sensor without threads.
- assuming the 2uz-fe engine and ecu are all the same from 98-05 and 06+, I could just order sensors for an 06 smd proceed that way. But, I'm not 100% if those sensors are calibrated for the same readings as earlier ones.

So what is my best option, here? I'm not about to spend ridiculous money on an OE replacement pair of cat pipes, and I've already read the long winded warning from someone about ruining the ecu and whatnot. This is a weekenf/winter/work commute vehicle only. Any help with this is infinitely appreciated!

PS, why the hell does my driver's window SCREAM at me when rolling it up? That's a new one for me, and I'm old as dirt.

Pictures of the 100, just because I love this thing.

IMG_20191119_084813-01.jpeg

IMG_20191119_095226-01.jpeg

FB_IMG_1573919391711.jpg

I realize that this is an old thread, but in the interests of passing on info, since I was looking for something similar, I can report that Underdog Racing's universal O2 simulators are no longer available, apparently because the EPA had a bug in their ass. My truck has aged out of emissions inspections, but if anyone knows of a better idea than running the antifoulers for catless trucks, I'm all ears.

I was heavily into this and bought the urd when it was last available. There are products on his site that can accomplish the same thing but with way more money and effort.

I don't know of an easy reliable way. I even built the circuit board item that people say works on toyota. It did not work on the LC.
Nothing I tried worked, except the urd sim. I haven't got a 420 or 30 for more than a year and a half.
I think most of the 100s are going to time out in most states- the better ones at least- in the coming years.
I'd just monitor afr in both rear sensor ports, make sure the front sensors work, and ignore the 420 & 30.
A nice looking wideband set and gauges X2 is probably more effort than the cheap weld in cats.
I bet innovate has a two channel LED with two Bosch sensors. Haven't looked for years.

Interesting. I know some of the guys with V8 4runners still seem to be successfully using the spacers, so I hoped they would work on the 100. I know there are some aftermarket high flow cats that aren't tons of money ($1-200) but I'd need assurances that I wouldn't get a p0420, 30 code.

On the V8 4runners they are using a Dorman 42090. The inside will have to get drilled to fit the O2 sensor

On the V8 4runners they are using a Dorman 42090. The inside will have to get drilled to fit the O2 sensor
Right, thanks. I think that's pretty much what everyone ends up doing using the antifouler and drilling to fit the sensor, I was surprised to hear it wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom