1998 Landcruiser Windshield Haze? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
curious about something. when I get in my cruiser the windshield seems just fine. If it's snowing or rainy like it has been here in Colorado a lot lately, I notice when the windshield wipers make a pass they leave behind a foggy like haze. The passenger side is worse as it's an older wiper blade 6 months or so, and it leaves streaks and the haze stays longer. I just bought a new drivers side blade from NAPA yesterday to check it out and the haze on the driver side dissipates in about a second to two. There is a spot in the middle of the windshield where they both overlap and for some reason there is NO HAZE there at all. I read clean window with Steel wool, vinegar, cocacola, bug remover, newspaper, acetone etc... Then I read do NOT clean with steel wool as it will scratch window causing further issues later. I also read use Rain x, but last time I did that it left a similar problem on my windshield that icould not really get rid of. any one else experience this and fix it?? what causes it?:meh:

^ or drive through HotLanta and get it shot out and get new one :flipoff2: JK Nick.

I like clay bar, rain-x and new blades.

^ now that's funny!

It's probably residue from old wipers on the windscreen keeping the rain from beading up. Rainx may buy temporary relief, however the best fix would be to remove the cause with clay or a class polishing compound and a DA buffer.

Clay should be softer than glass and not scratch, as should steel wool. In the factory we used to de-temper piles of razor blades for cutting excess edge molding off new windows, worked great. Just clean the window very carefully first, especially the edges, so no grit gets in the clay bar or whatever you scrub with.

COLandCrusher said:
I have a liquid claybar from ICE. Will that work?

If it's that spongy thing probably not. I used the liquid clay and it was worthless. Get the clay bar, pull it in the shade and do each panel. Or just your windshield.

I hear good things about Bon ami and Rain-x Extreme Clean for cleaning the windows.

I use a clay bar and am happy with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom