🌟1998 Land Cruiser - New OEM Front sway bar bracket orientation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings!

Sorry for the detail which may be over the top :rolleyes:: Just trying my best to be clear. Also, please try to see past the hemorrhaging evaporator coolant 😒.

The pictured steel sway bar brackets and their rubber bushings/cushions each have a flange/collar. The steel brackets have a flange on only one side, while the rubber bushings have a flange on both sides. If you're sitting in the car, my steel flanges are both facing left ie. they're facing car-opposite vs car-symmetrical. This doesn't seem logical as it would appear to defeat the purpose of one steel flange. I may be wrong, but I am assuming of course, the steel flanges have no asymmetrically designed function.

Question (finally😫) : Should each steel flange face a certain side?

Help is very appreciated - Thank you!

:cheers:

front_swaybar_left_ bracket.jpg

front_swaybar_right_ bracket.jpg

Holy green....

Did you just replace these or just wondering?

I realize I probably should have mentioned the new brackets and bushings are OEM.

Will have to see if someone can chime in with a picture. I changed mine out too long ago to remember, sorry. I just remember it being a huge pain in the ass but I didn't know what I was doing.

The brackets should be facing opposite directions with the metal flanges facing the outside wheel wells.

I think on my 2005 the captive nut side of the bracket should be orientated facing the front of the truck.

Will have to see if someone can chime in with a picture. I changed mine out too long ago to remember, sorry. I just remember it being a huge pain in the ass but I didn't know what I was doing.
Yup- The blow torch was invaluable. Except for changing fluids, it’s all a first go for me. The manual is invaluable, but still, I’d appreciate some more upside surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom