1998-2005 100 series Landcruiser OEM headlight retrofit core exchange program (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Do you want bi-xenon projectors but afraid of messing up your perfectly good OEM headlights in the process?

The details of the 100 series core headlight retrofit exchange program is explained below!

Since a lot of people do retrofits these days, I decided to try and provide a retrofitting service here on mud for the 100 series landcruiser. In the future, I hope to be able to provide retrofits for other vehicles. This retrofit program will involve swapping your old headlights(in decent condition) with one of the retrofitted sets that I have worked on.

OEM headlights only! I want to be able to provide the OEM quality fit and form when I retro a headlight for a future user! I also did these retros while maintaining all factory beam adjustments, you can raise or lower the beam by using the factory adjustment screws

retrofitprogram-1.jpg

Stages of the Retrofit Process

Baking the headlight open

IMG_0148.jpg

Installing the projector and shroud, a step which also includes running the bixenon wiring and adjusting the cutoff! Also involves the dremel and trimming which is needed to install the new projector assembly
IMG_0146.jpg

Sealing the headlights back up

IMG_0153.jpg

Polishing the headlights in order to provide a nice clean glass look

IMG_0154.jpg

Final inspection of the lights before packaging. Also adding a protective wrap so they will not be scratched when they are opened by the new owner

IMG_01571.jpg

Packing the lights in a box, each light is in a separate box. Although this drives up shipping cost, it provides increased protection during the shipping process...trust me, the extra $10 will be worth it in the long run. All packages will have a tracking number and insurance so lost packages are protected!

IMG_01581.jpg

Finally, you can reuse the boxes which the lights came in to send me your old lights...now you will also receive a refund for the "core fee" once I receive your old headlights.

I will always strive to have 1-2 sets ready to ship so that the headlight core exchange service can have the quickest turnaround time possible!

Last edited:
Great deal.... and I sill seriously think about this. But, what I really want are your headlights. Ever hear back from Depot??

Sent from my phone using IH8MUD

Great deal.... and I sill seriously think about this. But, what I really want are your headlights. Ever hear back from Depot??

Sent from my phone using IH8MUD

Have not heard from them, communication is just not great with them...and going through their catalog, they no longer have the part,

The upgrade to the 06 look headlights is costly, but an upgrade worth doing if you really want to update the truck! I'm eventually going to buy real 06+ headlights if my set fades or tarnishes in some manner! There is a source in the oz but they have a slight green look?

how about some before/after pictures that show the lighting difference. I know it has been posted in the past but would be nice to not have to search the forums for them.

PM sent

upgrading 1998 thru 2005 to the 06 headlights?

The upgrade to the 06 look headlights is costly, but an upgrade worth doing if you really want to update the truck!

???..Is the 06 & 07 a plug and play replacement for 1998 thru 2005...?

Please clear your PM box.

Would like to place an order.

Sam

Any chance you are still doing headlights for the 100 series Land Cruisers? I have one that I bought new, have over 300K on it and have wanted better headlights for years. I have seen your posts here and am interested. Thanks. John

^ did this ever get answered? maybe by PM?

Subscribed for thread updates

I have done a few retrofit. And I can tell you for this price, it is well worth it.
I myself would even consider paying to get it done for this amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom