For Sale 1997 Triple Locked.... Need Your Advice (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Hi All

I am in the market and purchasing my first '80 series. I came across a 1997 Triple Locked Cruiser, but it needs some attention. The driver side rocker panel has rust on it, the rear fender was hit years ago and never properly replaced, and there is some rust under the rear window.

Full maintenance records are not available, however the PHH has been replaced and the head and/or head gasket was done within the past year or two. I can pick this up for shy of $5k. Some questions for the group
  1. Is this a reasonable price for a triple-locked in this condition without full maintenance records or what would be a reasonable price on this?
  2. Would love feedback on the undercarriage rust. From what you can tell, is it mainly surface rust that can be taken care of (with some time and effort) or would you be concerned by the rust that is seen? I live in Utah so I will have to treat and coat whatever I get on a move forward basis, but need to know if the existing rust should be a cause for concern?
  3. Is it easy to have body work done on the rocker, the rear fender, and under the rear window or better to get replace those items all together? Any idea on ballpark costs of what that would run?
  4. What else should I be asking about? The plan would be to have the mechanical checked out by the local toyota dealership before I fly out, but would love to see what other items to check.
Will post additional pictures in subsequent post. Thanks in advance for any feedback in determining whether this is a good place to start. I will be using as a daily driver (or semi daily driver) and then making modifications over time.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

IMG_5955.JPG

IMG_5956.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

IMG_5966.JPG

@justinallenking PM me a contact number and we can discuss tomorrow, lots of variables in pricing and condition.. doesn't help it has no paperwork to prove the headgasket work

It depends on what you want out of it as a general go no go, but in any case that's not the right price in my mind for that truck. $2500 would be a better starting point for me. There is a lot wrong and you'll be in $10k before you know it and you'll still have a rusty truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom