For Sale 1997 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER - 151K ORIGINAL MILES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Folks-

I’ve never been on ih8mud before, so not sure how this thread works, but I have a 1997 Landcruiser that I am very reluctantly about to sell. When I say it’s a gem, I mean it’s a gem. I’m only the second owner. First owner bought it new in Texas. I live in Germantown, TN so the rig has never been in a winter wear climate. No rust, never seen mud, snow, or off-roading of any kind (I’m embarrassed to admit that). 151,000 original miles, mechanically perfect, brand new ARB brush guard and brand new 8000lb Warn winch. Winch cable hasn’t ever even been unwound.

It’s my everyday driver, and I am selling it because my job is about to require me to drive about 30,000 miles a year and I need a pickup truck. My asking price is 14,900, but I am going to take 13,900 (firm) for it as it needs a new drivers side door handle (handle mechanism works fine, but I snapped the handle piece off trying to open it in a rare ice storm) and it needs a new seal on the sunroof (will leak in a heavy rainstorm. I just put gorilla tape around the edge to prevent the leak). I’m knocking $1,000 off the price to have those two things fixed.

I love this rig like it was a child, and if I have to sell it, I want it to go to a Landcruiser nut like me. Attaching a few pics. My number is 901-461-3200. Please call or text for more details and pics if interested. Listing it Saturday 12/28 if it doesn’t sell before then.
CE32B1B4-1EC6-4585-AB27-278C3A10E490.jpeg
AE1E7B64-CE45-4B24-817B-AB0E3B36000C.jpeg
C2F79E5B-D9EE-46C5-AF56-AAF09FE81216.jpeg
7E638016-18AA-4267-92AC-A625EA93C17C.jpeg
2CA44AA1-D3A0-4710-9CBA-F28283BA6756.jpeg

Just some friendly advice. If you are at 13k plus and firm. Place it on bringatrailer or eBay. I just paid 13.5K for my locked, black, two owner, with 158k Miles, and a dealer documented service history. Most of mud probably thinks I over paid, however I bought at a weird time when prices are going up. You will get what you want less a fees on those sites. However members here typically want unlocked rigs priced less than 10K. Keep in mind the market has determined lockers increase prices about 4k for comparable.

Underbody, frame, and engine pics please...

Just some friendly advice. If you are at 13k plus and firm. Place it on bringatrailer or eBay. I just paid 13.5K for my locked, black, two owner, with 158k Miles, and a dealer documented service history. Most of mud probably thinks I over paid, however I bought at a weird time when prices are going up. You will get what you want less a fees on those sites. However members here typically want unlocked rigs priced less than 10K. Keep in mind the market has determined lockers increase prices about 4k for comparable.
Appreciate the advice!

Do you still have the original front bumper?

Would be interested in maintenance records if you have any...birfs, suspension,mods,phh, etc.

Would be interested in maintenance records if you have any...birfs, suspension,mods,phh, etc.
I do indeed have service records for everything I have had done, which is not a whole lot. I had a brake boost fan and the starter replaced by a Toyota certified mechanic buddy of mine, so no records for those, but everything else was done at a service chain called Christian Brothers Automotive.

I had a new radiator installed last week. Not because it needed it, but because there apparently was a fitting that holds the transmission fluid cooling line to the radiator that was loose or damaged. They didn't sell the fitting by itself, so they had to buy the radiator itself to get the fitting. They installed the radiator along w replacing the fitting. Also had a power steering hose replaced at the same time.

There are no leaks or mechanical issues that I am aware of. I have the oil changed every 3,000 miles and I've never had to add additional oil to it ever. Besides the door handle and the sunroof that I mentioned in my post, the only things I know of that could be repaired are the power antenna won't automatically extend (radio still comes in clear) and the lock for the back hatch won't open and close automatically using the clicker (clicker is still the original factory key). Other than that it's perfect.

Cosmetically, there is a 3-4 inch scrape on the rear quarter panel where I brushed a pole in a parking lot. No body damage, just paint needed. I'll send a pic of that.

There are no modifications on it. I’m not a car guy honestly- I just love Landcruisers. Everything is factory original except the radio.

C07437C0-804F-4A83-AB3F-0CE9F34E0126.jpeg

857315ED-0102-4181-AFBC-7CDEB9BAF993.jpeg

If you decide to comedown few k's,let me know. I'looking for a clean slate to build something but don't want to spend more than 10k.

Haven’t sold it. Haven’t listed it. I love it and I’m having a hard time letting it go I guess. It’s for sale, but I guess I’m not quite trying real hard to sell it just yet.

Still available?
Yes. Didn’t actually list it yet. The only thing I’ve done to sell it is my original post here. Not trying very hard I guess because I’m not exactly thrilled with the idea of selling it. Have a prospective buyer willing to give me my asking price but they have to sell their own vehicle first. First come first served of course.

Hello Folks-

I’ve never been on ih8mud before, so not sure how this thread works, but I have a 1997 Landcruiser that I am very reluctantly about to sell. When I say it’s a gem, I mean it’s a gem. I’m only the second owner. First owner bought it new in Texas. I live in Germantown, TN so the rig has never been in a winter wear climate. No rust, never seen mud, snow, or off-roading of any kind (I’m embarrassed to admit that). 151,000 original miles, mechanically perfect, brand new ARB brush guard and brand new 8000lb Warn winch. Winch cable hasn’t ever even been unwound.

It’s my everyday driver, and I am selling it because my job is about to require me to drive about 30,000 miles a year and I need a pickup truck. My asking price is 14,900, but I am going to take 13,900 (firm) for it as it needs a new drivers side door handle (handle mechanism works fine, but I snapped the handle piece off trying to open it in a rare ice storm) and it needs a new seal on the sunroof (will leak in a heavy rainstorm. I just put gorilla tape around the edge to prevent the leak). I’m knocking $1,000 off the price to have those two things fixed.

I love this rig like it was a child, and if I have to sell it, I want it to go to a Landcruiser nut like me. Attaching a few pics. My number is 901-461-3200. Please call or text for more details and pics if interested. Listing it Saturday 12/28 if it doesn’t sell before then.View attachment 2166181View attachment 2166180View attachment 2166179View attachment 2166183View attachment 2166182
Flexible on price at all?

Not terribly. Maybe a couple hundred bucks or so? I haven’t listed it yet. This post has been my only effort to sell it so far. I had someone willing to pay me my asking price, but they couldn’t secure the financing they needed. I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think I’ll have a problem getting what I’m asking once I finally list it. Thanks.

I also have a 10k budget and would be willing to drive down to scoop it when and if you get desperate on the price. Clean truck, I just can't swing that for an unlocked 80.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom