SOLD 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series HDJ81 1HD-FT diesel with 5 speed manual - NYC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(17, 16, 16)
***GOING ON BAT ***

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 1HD-FT 5 SPEED diesel HDJ81

80 Series

I bought this last year from Japan and then imported it myself to the US.

Mechanically strong and maintained. Timing Belt changed by PO.

Rides comfortable and grounded, a great example of a non abused 80 series.

I've included the cold start and walk around videos below.

Fully stock vehicle, with ARB bumper and new stock height shocks and springs. (OLD MAN EMU)

Center differential lock only (No Front/Rear lockers)

The chassis is solid and in good shape, with minor to moderate pitting on the axles (see photos)

Original miles ~123k miles (197k KM)

New oil change.

Clean New York state title in my name.

GOING ON B.A.T

Call or text for viewing and more photos and videos

View attachment 3193013

IMG_2517.jpeg

Last edited:
GREAT rig. Pinnacle of the 80 platform. GLWTS!

Did you apply the red stripes yourself? Been thinking about getting those, but have been worried about how difficult they would be to apply, and that they might interfere with my "turbo" rear quarter stickers.

Gorgeous rig, GLWS!

This will likely go for 30k on BaT. For some reason, RHD diesels go for less. Americans just get antsy with the RHD.
I bought a 1995 1HD-FT off Bat last January 4th. Got a great deal 30k with BaT fees. I have 2 FZJ80s and the HDJ81. I gotta say, the diesel is so enjoyable! Personally I love the RHD, way better than LHD and no bike couriers get door smashed. I think in a decade these will be going for top dollar. Especially the 24 valve 1HD-FT engines. A mechanical marvel.
I did a comparison video between the 80 and 81 on my YT channel.
Both of which are in the Will, my kids will inherit them.
The Diesel? Will still be running in year 2350.

Did you apply the red stripes yourself? Been thinking about getting those, but have been worried about how difficult they would be to apply, and that they might interfere with my "turbo" rear quarter stickers.

Gorgeous rig, GLWS!
Yes I applied myself on 2 of my 80 series. Wasn't difficult to do

This will likely go for 30k on BaT. For some reason, RHD diesels go for less. Americans just get antsy with the RHD.
I bought a 1995 1HD-FT off Bat last January 4th. Got a great deal 30k with BaT fees. I have 2 FZJ80s and the HDJ81. I gotta say, the diesel is so enjoyable! Personally I love the RHD, way better than LHD and no bike couriers get door smashed. I think in a decade these will be going for top dollar. Especially the 24 valve 1HD-FT engines. A mechanical marvel.
I did a comparison video between the 80 and 81 on my YT channel.
Both of which are in the Will, my kids will inherit them.
The Diesel? Will still be running in year 2350.
Or Best Offer!

I've a 1HDFTE 80 series build, expecting completion in 1 month. So need to make room.

Thank you

That '97 is an automatic. Mine is 5-speed manual which is rare to find, even in Japan, and hence the higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom