For Sale 1997 sage 40th 27k original miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***SOLD*** 1997 sage 40th 27k original miles

***SOLD***

Okay folks. I picked up this LC a couple of months ago. I'm thinking I'd like to sell it for as much as possible, buy a cruiser that is already built, and pocket some extra cash. My wife is devastated that we need to sell it, but I promised I'd get her one with lockers, sliders, and bumpers. I'm not sure why that didn't help, because it sure made me feel better...

Anyway, I'll be playing ebay roulette with it, seeing what I can get from some collector out there. Thought I'd let folks around here know about it as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/40th...=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

Now, I don't want any haters here. I'm not listing it for a 'fair' price. I'm listing it high enough to take the sting out of selling a one-of-a-kind vehicle, with the idea of investing in one of the other awesome built rigs for sale here. We'll see what happens. I simply don't have $8k to drop in upgrades to this LC, and hate the idea of the wife putting thousands of suburban miles on this stock beauty.

Buy it now price: $27k

Last edited:
You got rust - probably everywhere....

This is mine - compare

003.jpg

I have to agree. All that rust on the undercarriage really detracts from the minimal mileage and excellent interior. There are MANY examples of 80-Series with 250K+ miles on them that have NO rust. Anywhere. Surely there are spots on that nice body that are going to start bubbling....SOON.

My 2cents.
GLWS. It is a very nice LC.

Hmmm. Perhaps I've always just owned crappy vehicles, or maybe Utah is particularly bad, but the amount of rust underneath seemed pretty normal to me for a 15 yr old truck. I'll get under there again and really check things out. I want to be straightforward on this deal with everyone.

johnnyG said:
Hmmm. Perhaps I've always just owned crappy vehicles, or maybe Utah is particularly bad, but the amount of rust underneath seemed pretty normal to me for a 15 yr old truck.

I'm not a hater, and I don't suffer from the Obamanomic mentality that profit is bad.

Honestly hope you get what you want out of the sale. Don't understand the detractors.

That said, it's more rust than I would've bought in the price point of $10-15k I looked at, all with between 50-100k.

Remember, for 12K that rust is not a deal breaker, would not give it a second thought. Folks will be much more critical when the price is near 30K. Would be cool if you get what your asking. Can blame a fella for trying. Ive always said, its easier to lower your price than raise it.... you will never know unless you try...

Best of luck with the sale.... We will be watching.... and looking for a find like that!!

I also think it's a surprising amount of undercarriage rust for such a low mile specimen. Kudos to you for not going nuts with a rattle can of gloss black paint. I WOULD, however, add those undercarriage pics to your eBay ad.

That is a normal amount of rust for a 15 year old truck that lives in a state that salts their roads.

That is way too much rust for a vehicle that is priced at 27,000$

Sorry.

I think I should point out that the truck is not priced at $27k. It on an auction. If somebody wants to pay for the privilege of not playing the bidding game, they are welcome to it, but it's going to cost them quite a bit. And before anybody else gets their panties twisted, I'm going to assure you that this is not seriously rusting out. I'll get you some better photos when I get back in town on Saturday. I've also linked to all these photos on eBay, just so everyone is on the same page. Again, no haters on the price. I'm not trying to get more than what people are willing to pay.

In realizing this isn't a for sale thread, and opinions were solicited, offering mine because I don't fall into the crowd that chest beats for paying $5k for a minty 50k 80. I appreciated the value of low mileage rigs and was well prepared to pay a premium for. (Best I found was actually Fireguy's, in retrospect).

With the mileage this vehicle has, without any rust, I'd have paid $19-21k and it'd lived out its life as a garage queen. I'm not saying, nor do I have authority, that its only worth that, I'm offering my opinion because I was well prepared to pay a premium price for exactly what I wanted, which is the buyer that'll be looking at.

Again, I hope you get the premium.

Thanks for the honest appraisal and kind support, Delancy.

Love the truck..... Hope you get what you want for it.

I would love to know which Forbes billionaire has such great taste in vehicles. You can PM if you want.

Love the truck..... Hope you get what you want for it.

I would love to know which Forbes billionaire has such great taste in vehicles. You can PM if you want.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/jonathan-nelson/

I was never told not to disclose who I bought it from...so I hope his legal people don't come after me. But yeah, I didn't find out who this guy was until a few weeks after the sale. I was just told that he was a pretty big deal from rhode island. Who likes to ski in Utah. Where he liked to drive his sweet ride.

what's all this talk about rust? All I see is a little surface rust. Do the frames rust out on these or something? Mine looks worse underneath, but I haven't seen any signs on the body..

glws.. looks like it's doin well.

Thanks guys! 6 more days...

I got the deposit from the buyer today. Looks like everything is a go. Sad to see it go, but I'm happy with the price. Now I'll be searching for a cheaper replacement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom