1997 LX450 Wiring Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After trying multiple searches on here and Google, I am waving the flag and asking for help. I have a 97 LX and need to find a PDF of the wiring manual. I have the wiring manual for the 96 Land Cruiser, but it has s few minor differences in what I physically have under the hood of my LX. I have swapped an LS in mine and don't have the original engine anymore. What I am looking for specifically is the wiring details on the Engine Temp, Oil Pressure, and Oil Pressure switch. I need to integrate them into the LS so I can get my gauges to work, and turn off the oil low pressure light on the bottom of the gauge cluster.

A full pdf is ideal, but some pics of the proper pages works too. Thanks a ton.

@D_Web

Is there a detailed wiring manual other tgan the electrical manual that seems to be more of a block diagram?

There is the Factory Service Manual that has trouble shooting steps, and also the Electrical Manual that has detailed schematics for every electrical circuit. I have both for the 1996 Land Cruiser, but it does not 100% match what is physically present on my 1997 LX450.

By block diagram, do you mean schematic? We could be calling the same thing by two different names. If so, is there a source you can refer me to?

EWD or Electrical Wiring Diagram is all I know of.
There are sources for a download on Mud. Haven't done that personally so I'm not sure how to.

Post 191 shows some specs. I hope it helps.

turn off the oil low pressure light on the bottom of the gauge cluster.
@D_Web

There is no low 'pressure' light/indicator on the 80 series (only the gauge to go by). There IS a low oil LEVEL sensor and corresponding light on the dash however.

There is the Factory Service Manual that has trouble shooting steps, and also the Electrical Manual that has detailed schematics for every electrical circuit. I have both for the 1996 Land Cruiser, but it does not 100% match what is physically present on my 1997 LX450.

By block diagram, do you mean schematic? We could be calling the same thing by two different names. If so, is there a source you can refer me to?
Wait a minute— there’s a separate and more detailed electrical manual for the 96 LC? Where can I find that? :)

Wait a minute— there’s a separate and more detailed electrical manual for the 96 LC? Where can I find that? :)

Difficult to find....but the EWD for a 97 should work for a 96 as well.

EWD282U

Fortunately , I got mine about 15 yrs. ago....before they became scarce and so expensive.

EWD282U.jpg

Difficult to find....but the EWD for a 97 should work for a 96 as well.

EWD282U

Fortunately , I got mine about 15 yrs. ago....before they became scarce and so expensive.

View attachment 2056187
I was just assuming it was electronic. This info NOT included in 96 FSM, correct?

After trying multiple searches on here and Google, I am waving the flag and asking for help. I have a 97 LX and need to find a PDF of the wiring manual. I have the wiring manual for the 96 Land Cruiser, but it has s few minor differences in what I physically have under the hood of my LX. I have swapped an LS in mine and don't have the original engine anymore. What I am looking for specifically is the wiring details on the Engine Temp, Oil Pressure, and Oil Pressure switch. I need to integrate them into the LS so I can get my gauges to work, and turn off the oil low pressure light on the bottom of the gauge cluster.

A full pdf is ideal, but some pics of the proper pages works too. Thanks a ton.

@D_Web

There are a number of sensors for the 1FZFE that would not be used on your swap. It looks like you might be able to pick up the circuit for the Oil Pressure Sender and the Temp Sensor for the ECM. But any others (knock sensors, temp cut out, oil level sensor, etc) probably won't be used.

Your best bet is going to be to find someone who has done this swap for guidance.

Once it is decided what is actually going to be used....we can provide pics of those circuits from the EWD...if that would help.

Sensor locations.jpg

temp sensors1.jpg

I had a hard/paper copy of the FSM for my LX450, I swore the EWD was included in it - “free” if you want to call it.

My ‘97 Landcruiser FSM has the EWD as a separate book - but the ‘97 LX450 FSM was literally 3” thick compared to barely 2” for ‘97 LC.

If there’s a DL of the FSM for any year LX450, try it.

I swore my EWD was there, but it’s also been 6-8yrs since I sold that thing & gave the buyer the FSM with it.

The individual items you listed should be the same 96 to 97. If they dont match then someone else has buggered them up.

There is no low 'pressure' light/indicator on the 80 series (only the gauge to go by). There IS a low oil LEVEL sensor and corresponding light on the dash however.
Thanks for the info, that is indeed the light I need to turn off:
1565653775817.png

I believe there’s a link to the lx450 ewd at the end of this thread Need 97 LX450 EWD

Thanks for the info, that is indeed the light I need to turn off:
View attachment 2056489

That circuit goes to the sensor that extends into the oil pan of a 1FZFE and the sensor and I believe is 'Normally Open'. So when the float descends to a certain level it completes the circuit (closes it) and the dash light comes on. Being entirely disconnected....I wouldn't think that circuit would be lighting up the dash. Unless the harness has gone to ground.

It's not so much the operation we are wondering about but the physical location of the connections. The LC FSM shows the sender tying in here but (from memory) both connectors EA4 and EY1 are different on the LX. Maybe @ARJMN can grab some pics.

1565667433366.png

1565667659500.png

I believe there’s a link to the lx450 ewd at the end of this thread Need 97 LX450 EWD
Thanks for the link. This shows these connectors as being the same. Maybe it was just too hot the day we were looking at it (summer in Arizona)😓:D

Will wait for some photos to confirm.

I think I worked out what my motivation was for finding an updated schematic. This is connector EA4 which according to the documentation is 5 pins instead of 8. No biggie, I'll do some continuity checking, everything is probably in the same place elsewhere in the loom.

1565672972454.png

1565673140091.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom