1997 LX450 will not crank after sitting unhooked from battery for a week and a half (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, first time posting here, and yes, I have searched through previous threads seeing if anyone else has had my exact problem. I picked up a 97 Lx450 with 249k on it. Ran fine, drive like a nightmare. So I parked it for around a week and a half, took the battery out, unplugged a few connectors above the steering box, removed the steering box and sent it off to Texas for a rebuild. Got it back last night, reinstalled it, rehooked all the things I unhooked (I know this because I put color coded zip ties on both ends of anything I undo so it's a piece of cake to come back to something and rehook it).
Went to fire it up and bask in the gloriousness of fixing something myself and nothing....it cranks strong, and like it did before I pulled the battery, but doesn't catch. Terminals are clean and tight, insofar as I can tell all wires are where they belong, ground is solidly attached to the body, full tank of gas, CEL comes on when I turn the key to ON. Radio works so I don't think it's the alarm.
About to head out and hook up another car to the battery to see if it has enough power to crank but not enough to fire. Then pulling plugs to look for spark. Anybody have any ideas or dealt with this before?

It seems that something didn't get connected correctly, or, you may have had a coincidental failure on something. I'd look at the EFI relay and fuse, the wiring harness by the EGR and the Fuel pump relay. Also, saying that you searched through previous threads doesn't mean that it happened--there is a pretty comprehensive "no start" section in the FAQ under maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom