SOLD 1997 LX450 - VIRGINIA - 119k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick background: One day this summer, my wife made a passing comment about how she’d love to have an “old land cruiser” as her daily driver. Of course, I didn’t just let this go, and immediately starting hunting around for a clean, low mileage 80.

I picked this truck up and started the process of turning it into her daily driver. A month or so into the project and she came to the realization that with two small kids, a large dog, stroller and wide variety of other crap, her first gen sequoia is likely a better fit for the next few years.

So, here it is….

I purchased this in late August of 2019 and have since done the following:
  • Removed interior - carpets fully cleaned
  • Removed majority of factory sound deadening with dry ice
  • Installed Killmat, sound deadening on floors and rear quarters
  • Removed majority of hideous, faded wood trim on dash
  • Installed new rear door speakers (fronts were already replaced)
  • New drivers’ side OEM LX450 seat foam
  • New passenger seat gears installed
  • New land cruiser heaven front seat leathers – installed by LCH
  • Fresh state inspection
Work performed by OTRAMM in October 2019:
  • Full tune up kit – plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, belts and idler pulley
  • New valve cover gasket
  • WitsEnd oil leak kit – distributor plug and oil pump seal kit
  • New magnaflow downpipe and both cats
Total invested in interior and mechanical parts + labor outlined above: $4k

Aside from what’s mentioned above, here is the other crucial information on the truck:
  • 119k miles
  • No Lockers
  • FZJ80 wheels with graphite paint
  • No notable rust and undercarriage was maintained with KROWN or Fluid Film coating by PO. Only rust is surface level bolt heads, random brackets, welds and portions of sway bar.
  • Aftermarket security system – I have neutral feelings on this. It works as it should but seems to be overkill for the truck. Could easily be removed.
  • Driver's side rear bumper “Tupperware” has been repainted. Color matches pretty good but it was clearly repaired at some point.
All in all, this is a clean, solid, low mileage example and would be a great blank canvas regardless of what the buyer does with it; keep it stock, mild build, etc.

I have not driven a stock 80 in over 15 years and I was amazed at just how quiet, smooth and pleasant these trucks are. I honestly didn’t feel it lacked power, comfort or stopping ability.

Known items/issues:

Power antenna does not work, but gets good reception
Rear tailgate license plate holes would benefit from being re-tapped.
Missing spare tire toolkit
Passenger side rear door panel has small tear at top. visible in photos
Carfax indicates an accident for the rear plastic corner and for the front bumperette corner. Pics below show those areas. From all I see, this was cosmetic only.

Price is based on what I’m seeing for similar year and condition trucks, while also factoring the recent work completed by trusted MUD supporting vendors. At the asking price I will only be covering what I have into the purchase price and work performed, not accounting for anything else.

I will consider a trade or partial trade for crew cab tundra (1st gen or 2nd gen) or clean fj60 or fj55.

Price: $13k or best offer

IMG_9390.JPG

B5923ABD-048F-486A-9A0B-2392CC5C0DE4.JPG

seats.jpg

seats -2.jpg

lx steerin.jpg

Last edited:
Undercarriage photos I have at the moment. Will get more. "Wet" area is mostly the fluid film and some oil from the leak that was repaired.

IMG_0225.JPG

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

Additional photos at the request of a few folks. Rear hatch area and common rust spot around window seal, which there is none. More undercarriage ones coming soon.

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom