1997 LX450 transmission shifting feels off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed that sometimes when going less than 10mph or so after coasting for a bit and then getting back on the gas the truck will rev up for a second before the trans will downshift and when it does go into gear it jolts the vehicle pretty good. I've checked the driveshaft u-joints and they dont have any slop in them so I'm just wondering what could be causing the issue.

I've noticed that sometimes when going less than 10mph or so after coasting for a bit and then getting back on the gas the truck will rev up for a second before the trans will downshift and when it does go into gear it jolts the vehicle pretty good. I've checked the driveshaft u-joints and they dont have any slop in them so I'm just wondering what could be causing the issue.

I would look here on the forums and find the factory service manual and check the amount of play in your kick down cable and adjust as needed.

Have you checked you fluid level PROPERLY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom