1997 LX450 OM606/NV4500 Bellhousing questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*Preface: Please move this to the correct area if in I is in the incorrect area. Long time reader, first time poster*

I have sourced and OM606 that will have the OM603 mech. pump conversion done to install in my '97 LX450. I was hoping to put a H151F 5 spd behind it but I can not source a production level adapter out in the market place. I have opted to go the next best option and utilize a NV4500 with the adapter that will allow me to retain the stock HF2AV transfer case. ('96 GM NV4500 or '94-'02 Dodge NV4500)

I can source an adapter from Doomsday Diesel that will mimic the bolt pattern of a 90 degree Sbc bellhousing with a 3.58" bolt pattern on the crankshaft adapter. That would be any Sbc pre-'86. I am looking for a bellhousing kit that allows me to use the external slave cylinder set up as well. Advance Adapters has a kit, but it utilizes a 11" clutch disc and 168 tooth flywheel (https://www.polyperformance.com/adv...6ziDPBkbyxhlYFjdiSy7XVPUhptr10SAaAkWlEALw_wcB)

Does anyone have any experience mating a NV4500 to an older sbc instead of a LS-series or with this bellhousing kit?

best thing I can come up with is the 400ci small block might utilize a flywheel and clutch disk compatible with this kit. I appreciate any help offered, Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom