craigslist 1997 LX450 locked Berkeley CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone in the area willing to take a look? Seems like a good deal.
i'm supposed to meet him at 17:00 but he didn't sound like someone who is interested in selling a car that he has listed for sale. i had to drag information out of him like where we would meet ("uh, anywhere, it doesn't matter to me" was his reply) and what his address is ("uh, i'll text it to you"). he didn't seem too interested in talking much more than that and i still haven't gotten a text from him with his address. hard telling what his deal is.

I feel like any time a locked 80 appears on Craigslist, it should be accompanied by the Benny Hill theme song.

lol, hes counting on a sizable deposit from an outta stater and then disappear with it......

"please serious inquiries only."

I wonder what he considers serious. I have the cash in my hand, called him and told him I would come over to his house in Berkeley (20 minutes from my house) to look at it and buy it if it checked out. He said he would text me his address after we hung up and I have yet to hear from him. I sent him a text from my work phone and got no response there either. I noticed that the phone number he gives is different than it was when i called him, it was 510-725-0645 and now it's 510-290-0714.

i spoke with him again today and we are supposed to meet on monday. he sounds like a young kid who didn't really know how to price the truck until he got lots of interest. still not 100% sure what's up with him but he does sound young. he says the truck is at his parent's house but the title is at his house, he wondered if he should bring the title or not. he asked me if i would be ready to buy the truck if i liked it...lol.

i spoke with him again today and we are supposed to meet on monday. he sounds like a young kid who didn't really know how to price the truck until he got lots of interest. still not 100% sure what's up with him but he does sound young. he says the truck is at his parent's house but the title is at his house, he wondered if he should bring the title or not. he asked me if i would be ready to buy the truck if i liked it...lol.

ya know... I thought kids were good at the internet ??

I saw the AD the day it went up. I didnt have the cash on hand and was about ready to go throw my first born son at him and take it off his hands (I'm trying to sell my 75 vw bus to fund an 80/450 ). I knew the price was off and sure enough he dropped the AD and put it back up for more $$$ the next day. This is craigslist kid.... Go put it up on EBAY if you want an auction. Seriously

D0CD8A71-B5D8-4249-8C43-D4A05DE8EBD3.png
Here’s another locked 80 in the north bay Craigslist, https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1997-amazing-toyota/6619171388.html

I had a few conversations with the kid, mostly trying to figure out what his angle is. He says that the title shows the LC as a 1992 and that is currently registered non operational. Everything breaks down when it comes to actually meeting, he says he will text “an address” then I never hear back from him. I had my wife call him and he played the same game with her. He can’t rip me off if we don’t meet so I can’t figure out why he keeps posting the thing for various prices. The last ad listed the truck at $7800, down from $9400 the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom