For Sale 1997 LX450 - Expedition equipped & Locked - New HG, Slee, ARB, Warn, OME (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

EDIT - The Cruiser is sold -Thanks

I am selling my locked expedition equipped 1997 Lexus LX450. It runs perfectly and looks great. As you can see in the pic's I have “re-badged” it with Land Cruiser emblems and grille. I am located in central Michigan. I am an engineer and LC enthusiast. Prior to this FZJ80 I have had a FJ40, a couple of FJ62's, as well as a stock 80. Here are some details on this one-

191,300 miles
Factory front & rear diff. Locks (working)
New head gasket and axle service at 174k miles
OME 2.5” lift
ARB front bumper
Warn 9.5XP winch
Slee step sliders
Slee rear bumper
Warfield Offroad drawer system
National Luna dual battery system
(5) BFG Mud Terrain tires
Sears Platinum batteries
Landtank MAF housing
Cargo net barrier
Jerry can holder & water can
Hi-Lift Jack
Aux. Power outlets in rear
George LED interior lights

Vehicle History
I bought it in May 2008 from a MUD member in Knoxville TN (MUD ID “openoptions”). It had 174K miles on it at the time. Both my wife and I are teachers. This is our summer vehicle for road trips and camping. It has not been driven in snow. It was in TN until 2008 and since bringing it to MI each year I have rented an indoor storage unit from Nov. 1st to about mid March.

In '08 we drove it to WY/CO and back. Last summer we drove to MT/WY/UT/CO and back. This summer we drove to TN/NC/KY and back. No problems at all on any of these trips. I am selling the vehicle because we are planning out of the country trips for the next couple of years and will not need the Cruiser. It runs perfectly and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Maintenance
The PO in Knoxville had done a major amount of maintenance on it just prior to selling it including a new head gasket. This was the main reason I bought the vehicle. He put about 3k miles on it after the repairs and it ran great. I have put about 17,000 miles on it since and there have been no issues with this work. Here is his list of the maintenance completed in early 2008-

New head gasket
Valve job
Head resurface
Fuel injector cleaning and servicing
New O2 sensors
New fan clutch
New heater hoses, including PHH
New belts
New pcv valve and grommet
New spark plug tube seals
New plugs
New plug wires
New distributor cap and rotor
New alternator brush
New starter contacts and plunger
New fuel filter
New air cleaner hose
Throttle body cleanig
All other gaskets included in "valve grind kit" from CDan
Full front axle service, including all new wheel and trunnion bearings
New front pads (100 series) and rotors
New fluids - coolant, front axle, transmission, brake fluid, oil

In addition to routine maintenance, here is his list of the items I have taken care of. On a couple of them I have linked to MUD threads.

5/26/08 -174,935 – Install 12V rear outlets
6/2/08 - 174,935 – Flush cooling system 2x & refill with Toyota red
6/3/08 – 174,980 – Install National Luna dual battery system
6/4/08 – 174,980 – New batteries. Sears Platinum 34 & 34M
6/6/08 – 175,002 – 5 BFG Mud Terrain 255/85 R16
7/8/08 – 177,330 – (At Slee) – Install bumpers, sliders & OME heavy springs
7/17/08 – 179,215 – Install performance MAF housing / sensor
8/3/08 – 180,070 – Install Warn 9.5XP winch
3/23/09 – 181,370 – Replace dual cat's w/ Magnaflow 94006
4/24/09 – 181,850 – Install Warfield Offroad drawer system
5/27/09 – 182,024 – New power window motor drivers door. New front speakers.
9/7/09 – 187,950 – 2 new OEM oxygen sensors
5/14/10 – 188,650 – OEM rebuilt starter & ignition switch
5/27/10 – 188,758 – Replace cat. Converter (under warranty)

I have all of my receipts as well as most of the receipts from the PO.

Condition
The vehicle is as nice as you will find with 190K+ miles. The paint is good and it doesn't appear to have had any paintwork. According to the PO (and me), "there has never been any paint or body work. CarFax is clean, and there are no signs of collision damage/repair". Since it is original paint, it does have it's share of small chips, scrapes and minor dings. There are no areas that need bodywork or a repaint. It is a 99% rust free vehicle. If found one dent underneath on a rocker panel that has some slight surface rust. It looks as if someone drove over a rock or log before the vehicle had sliders. You can see this in the pic's in my Photobucket account.

The interior is also in excellent condition for the mileage. There is the usual wear on the drivers seat and a couple of places where there are small cracks in the plastic pieces. The passenger seat has a small split in one seam. They aren't installed or shown in the pic's, but I have both 3rd row seats and will include them.

Mechanical
It starts, idles and runs perfectly. There is nothing that needs to be addressed. It had a new headgasket, axle job, wheel bearings, PHH, brake pads, etc. in 2008 so many of the big items are complete. It hasn't been using any coolant and has only used about ½ quart of oil between changes.

The A/C works, power windows & locks all work, power seats work, lights, signals, radio all work. Sunroof works and has never leaked.

What doesn't work or needs attention?
There really isn't anything that needs to be addressed to enjoy the vehicle. Here are the few things that were not a priority for me to address-

-”D” indicator light is out
-The antenna doesn't go up/down
-Lexus CD changer in console isn't working. I have unplugged it. (I was hoping to swap a LC console in for the Lexus console but could never find a decent used one).
-The only leaks are are some minor oil drips. A little bit from the front (probably the oil pump) and a little bit from the rear (probably the pan). These will leave a few drips on the floor. They do not leave a puddle or cause the oil level to drop between changes.
-Windshield has one star chip (I'm looking into getting this fixed/sealed). The rest of the glass is perfect.
-Some of the power windows are a bit slow when it's cold out but they all work.

Looking at the vehicle
I'm located in central MI an hour north of Grand Rapids. Ideally the buyer will come look at the vehicle. If you would like to arrange to have someone or a shop look at it that would be fine. Depending on the timing and location I'm open to possibly meeting up somewhere in MI/OH/IN to deliver the vehicle. If you would like more pic's of specific areas just let me know.

Thanks

Here is a link to my Photobucket account with about 40 pic's. If you click each pic. once, I have added a description on most with more details. Click twice for full size pic's.

IMG_0256.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, you are KILLING me! This is "da rig". Totally 100% what I want. It would be bought already, but...

I just need the rest of the cash. :bang:

sent PM on possible trade interest.

I should have mentioned, for now I'm just looking to do an outright sale (no trades).

Thanks

This truck has never had any trans work?? I do wish it were a bit closer to see/ drive glws
gregg

There has been no trans. work other than routine fluid changes.

SOLD - Thanks

Last edited:
Sold - thanks

Last edited:
Sweet buildup. I just purchased a LX that looks the blinged-out soccer-mom version of this rig and mine needs some changes.

Did you get the Land Cruiser front grill and lights and rear emblems from a junk yard? How much did they cost?

It's a great looking ride. Good luck with the sale.

-M

I bought the grille in the classifieds here (had to look for a while). You also have to swap for LC lights or the grille doesn't fit. I don't remember how much I paid. I ended up selling the Lexus grille & lights so it offset the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom