SOLD 1997 LX450 BUILT/FACTORY LOCKERS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
white
Ok folks, Not sure why Im doing this! Just trailered her out west for her last trip... We had a blast,
Best Toyota I have ever owned.... 28,000.00 OBO
All documents, original manuals,

PLEASE CALL ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS! 256 759 0152

NOT INCLUDED
ROOF TOP TENT
HIGH LIFT

Details
Garage kept
SLEE LIFT- Details below
NEW 17' ICON wheels/ NEW 35" toyo mud terrains 90% tread left
Wheel spacers- can be removed- tires do not rub
aftermarket stereo and amp installed by previous owner
ARB front bumper
Slee Rear bumper
Slee sliders
Diff lock- Slee
Factory Lockers Front and Rear
Factory gears
Scan Gauge
WARN 9.5TI Winch - synthetic
3 row seats

Had new radiator and thermostat installed while in Colorado 2018- Proffitt's Resurrection installed
All new exterior window rubber installed by Troll Holes..cruisers
EXTRA DRIVE SHAFT INCLUDED

Lift installed in 2015 SLEE- Details Below

SLEE - 4" Front Coil Spring - Medium - PAIR
SLEE - 4" Rear Coil Spring - Medium - 80 Series Land Cruiser - PAIR SLEE - [4" Lift] - Remote Reservoir Shock. Front.
10.8" Stroke, 15.2" Com, 26" Ext. 14MM fixed pin top and bottom. - Requires SOF1279 Mount Kit. SLEE - Reservoir Shock Mount.
LH and RH Bracket and 4 Hose Clamps (2.75").
OME Steering Stabilizer SLEE - [4" Lift] - Piggyback Reservoir Shock. Rear.
10.8" Stroke, 15.67" Com, 26.5" Ext. 14mm Fixed pin top, eyelet bottom.
SLEE - Billet Front Control Arms - - 6" Lift - Coated, no bushings - PAIR Bushing - Control Arm - Front Axle
Bushing - Front - Lower Control Arm - Frame Side - 80 Series
SLEE - Rear Swaybar Drop Brackets - PAIR
SLEE - 2" Front Swaybar Drop Blocks - PAIR
SLEE - 2" Rear Bumpstop Drop Blocks - PAIR
SLEE - 2" Front Bumpstop Drop Pucks -- PAIR
SLEE - Front Adjustable Panhard Rod - Complete unit with new bushings. LHD
SLEE - Rear Panhard Rod - Adjustable -
ARB Adjustable Upper Control Arms -
SLEE - Front Double Cardan Shaft - Reconditioned hard parts with all new moving parts.
Brake Line Kit - Stainless - '93-'97 Land Cruiser (3 pc frame to axle kit)
Breather Extension Kit
Emergency Cable Bracket Spacer
KIT * SOF 4" Premium Lift Kit for 80 Series Land Cruiser

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

Last edited:
more pics

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

more

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

more

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

Yes it is stock gearing. In the mountains regearing would be nice.

bump ......

BUMP any suggestions on price folks?

VM left on your phone.

BUMP any suggestions on price folks?
As someone who's in the market (and happens to have ties to Asheville so it would be an easy trip), I think you're high on price. It's a great looking build, and I have no doubt you've got a good bit of money tied up in it. That said, similar builds (in terms of mileage and build level) have been on here in the $15k range and didn't always sell immediately. We know these rigs will run forever if properly maintained, but at certain mileage points we also expect to have to put some serious money into the vehicle. It's certainly possible that you'll find a buyer at your asking price, but I think it will take some time to find that right buyer. That's my $0.02 based on the hundreds of ads I've scoured and dozen or so rigs I've gone to look at during my search.

The question/delta is what your upgrades are ‘worth’. There’s seemingly >$10k from slee alone into this rig, and while the rear bumper is perhaps half the purchase price you paid, the suspension is perhaps only a fraction of that and nothing is new today. It’s 5 years old, so you’ve gotten a lot of use and value out of it. Do components need to be rebuilt/replaced at this point so also an added cost to buyer?

Your truck looks great - no debate there. But that only goes so far for a 200k mile rig. If you listed it somewhere $18k or maybe even $20k, I’d guess you’d be having more of these debates/conversations in pm or by phone. But at $28k, it turns people away from even engaging. Or as stated above, you can always be patient and hope your buyer will emerge.

An alternative perspective to consider: would a buyer rather find a clean truck for say $12k (hypothetically) and have $16k to spend in mods and build as he/she pleases, or spend $28k to buy the truck exactly as you built it for yourself (assuming similar budget). Whether it’s $10k/$18k or even $15k/$13k, the point still holds. I’d venture most buyers would prefer take an un-built truck vs. value your modifications $13k or more. You’ll get some value for them, but not that much. But just my 2c

Thank you all for the input!

For what it's worth, there's a 97 LX built somewhat 'similarly' (with some added/different features - re-geared, rear cargo power, in California) that presently is bid to $22.1k on ebay. This is a re-listing; the last one expired below reserve at $20.1k. I have no interest in this listing, and not saying that yours is the same or better or worse, just providing as some bit of an additional reference datapoint if you hadn't seen it.

1997 Lexus Triple Locked LX450 - Land Cruiser (80 Series LandCruiser) FJ80 | eBay

Bump!! 27,000 obo

Few more

169796FA-F2D1-4580-8D79-895731AFFA97.jpeg

3111356B-CD4D-4FA0-9DFA-7E61F7165104.jpeg

F0D2EA6C-9FE0-4909-8C25-C82294705516.jpeg

F74519BF-B642-47FF-A178-48980017226E.jpeg

Bump for a clean built 80... hell make an offer!

Looking at the photos again, it seems as if the hood was replaced (or repainted) previously. The fenders have vin tags on them (and I assume match the vehicle), but in the pictures where the hood is present the color just looks off to me and doesn't match. You may not have the details of this, but the Carfax does note front-end damage in 2003 from the first owner, and it was sold shortly thereafter (not necessarily a good sign). Other components may have been replaced as well at that time (or since), obviously the ARB bumper isn't factory and it's hard to tell from the photos what else is original or not.

That said, the title is clean, it's not salvaged or anything, and there's plenty of other good looking photos. And I see it was mostly in the South - original owner in LA (the state), moved between FL and LA the next 10 years, and then spent 2 years in OH before you brought it to NC 5.5 years ago.

I could make you an offer. But I don't think it's what you want to hear. I was planning to just PM you as I've already commented on this thread once, but since I reconsidered it and pulled the Carfax, I figured I may as well note the above paragraphs for others who are considering it.

GLWS, whether here or otherwise

Looking at the photos again, it seems as if the hood was replaced (or repainted) previously. The fenders have vin tags on them (and I assume match the vehicle), but in the pictures where the hood is present the color just looks off to me and doesn't match. You may not have the details of this, but the Carfax does note front-end damage in 2003 from the first owner, and it was sold shortly thereafter (not necessarily a good sign). Other components may have been replaced as well at that time (or since), obviously the ARB bumper isn't factory and it's hard to tell from the photos what else is original or not.

That said, the title is clean, it's not salvaged or anything, and there's plenty of other good looking photos. And I see it was mostly in the South - original owner in LA (the state), moved between FL and LA the next 10 years, and then spent 2 years in OH before you brought it to NC 5.5 years ago.

I could make you an offer. But I don't think it's what you want to hear. I was planning to just PM you as I've already commented on this thread once, but since I reconsidered it and pulled the Carfax, I figured I may as well note the above paragraphs for others who are considering it.

GLWS, whether here or otherwise

As far as the hood, I could call the previous owner! If I remember correctly it was a minor fender/bender... I bought this cruiser to build it and use it. That said, I will look for the vin tags on the hood for clarification. But I can assure you that the frame has not been touched/ damaged... This rig is probably the cleanest, straight, 97 "wheeled" 80 out there! Thank you for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom