For Sale 1997 LX450-Black, locked in SC, 235k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys, This should be a good truck for someone. I love these trucks and do a rebuild/restore job about 1-2 times per year on them with the mechanical help of Troll Hole Cruiser in Mauldin, SC. From my perspective, I missed on this one. My normal plan is to bring back to near perfect OEM condition. I never look to make a ton of $ because I enjoy the process but also don’t like to lose much either obviously.
This truck may be better for another plan.
The good:
-Black, locked truck with no rust. 235k miles
-Excellent overall body and paint that could be refreshed to excellent from what I can tell ( do this a lot)
- Runs pretty darn well
- Clean history with nothing more than a hx of minor front bumper damage.
- Just has a full inspection at THC
- clean SC title in hand
- just had new hoses and radiator(PHH still needs some)
- tires (OEM) have some life
- trans seems good
- not tripping a CEL and it works.
The challenge:
-Cylinder 2 down to 120- leak down shows it’s in top end. (Other cylinders good). Not missing or anything. Stills pulls fine on acceleration. THC recommending a top end redo to make it exactly right.
- Birfs could stand to be done. Not urgent.
- front interior roached and needs redo. 2nd row decent and savable
- center diff switch not engaging. Looks like diffs will engage fine when done
- usual oil leaks
- Needs PHH
- needs drive axle u joints( at least one)
- some idiot put too much weight on he OEM roof rack and dented attachment points. They can be fixed. Just a PITA.

Overall it still could be an awesome truck for someone with some TLC.

I missed on this one. I’ve got $6500 in it at the moment and I’m willing to take a loss if I have to at this point. Just don’t think it’s the right truck for me to put in the time and money at this point. This hobby takes away from family time....and my wife would more unhappy than usual on this one

If your interested, let’s talk.

390BC293-A117-4667-905D-141D55E47C5F.jpeg

5B7DB4FE-706D-4981-AF02-601217C368C0.jpeg

64FF4F8C-1499-40C4-8B99-A993F419DCC5.jpeg

2E0922C2-FA09-413A-A93A-38F956802EC7.jpeg

102B269C-6180-4BB1-B40F-03F09988E73B.jpeg

501FC6FE-8F2A-4E98-AE44-6FF6006824B3.jpeg
0BFCF445-2E76-4233-B484-3ACA9024F0CE.jpeg
69E10E49-E497-4BA2-A617-C9E01B1DC38C.jpeg
Additional photos.

I do have a few things already sourced such as new drivers OEM seat cushion, new OEM floor mats in excellent condition. And I know how to get some other parts where wanted.

22CE05A8-E32F-4DEB-8410-86741D07C828.jpeg

[QUOTE="cclemow, post: 12166588, member: 123717"
[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember having this problem on an 80 once. I believe its the sensor that tells it that its in 4Lo and allows the center diff to engage? Its in the side of the Tcase and Im pretty sure I took it out, cleaned it up and put it back in. Then the center diff engaged, and I was able to engage the front and rear diffs. Maybe take a look at that sensor. Black and Tan LX450s are so sexy! Good luck with sale.

[QUOTE="cclemow, post: 12166588, member: 123717"

I seem to remember having this problem on an 80 once. I believe its the sensor that tells it that its in 4Lo and allows the center diff to engage? Its in the side of the Tcase and Im pretty sure I took it out, cleaned it up and put it back in. Then the center diff engaged, and I was able to engage the front and rear diffs. Maybe take a look at that sensor. Black and Tan LX450s are so sexy! Good luck with sale.[/QUOTE]
Yep. That’s all I and THC expect is going on. Diff locks look clean and Not damaged. Thanks. Hopefully I can find a good home for this truck. It needs to be brought back to former glory.

You can unplug the switch and put a jumper in the harness, if the center diff lights up now it will allow the diffs to lock, this tells ya the wiring is good , unless burnt bulb, then you would just need clean the switch or replace

Bump. Any interest out there or am I gonna have to make this my project? Have secured new floor mats( super nice), good front bumper, good front bumper brackets, new speakers all around including stock sub, good OEM roof rack, replacement rear carpet trim and replacement rear OEM driver mud flap. All goes with it. Price negotiable. Asking price going up some as I continue to secure this stuff.
Have THC getting lockers all good to go and replacing front u joint now to fix vibration at highway speed.
Great truck for someone out there.

Pics of the dented roof rack points please. Also the rest of the undercarriage pics too. I don't have a black one yet .... yet.

Pics of the dented roof rack points please. Also the rest of the undercarriage pics too. I don't have a black one yet .... yet.
Sorry I have t done that yet. It’s at Trollhole Cruisers at the moment getting some of the more pressing mechanical. Hope to have it back first of next week. Three of the roof rack points look like this one. Passenger side rear is little worse. I’ve debated a couple techniques to fix. Doable. Just a pain. I haven’t seen really any rust on the undercarriage. GA truck all it’s life.

0DAA8B4E-8FC9-4263-9006-E7EE7EE38F6C.jpeg

Got a side shot? Hard to see the depth on that. Thank you

Got a side shot? Hard to see the depth on that. Thank you
Glad to get you one when I get it back and cleaned up. My best estimate: that one is about a centimeter. The worst on the rear passenger is about 2cm.

Glad to get you one when I get it back and cleaned up. My best estimate: that one is about a centimeter. The worst on the rear passenger is about 2cm.
Could just put the rack back on it, seal it right, and leave as is. Just wasn’t my style. I try to get it all spot on when I take it start to finish.

Okay guys....I'm getting this thing closer to done.
Update on progress:
-Interior disassembled and getting a full detail.
-New floor mats
-Second and third row leather coming out great.
-Recovering center console and Lexus drivers seat cushion in hand...pending front row recover...likely L seat.
-Zero rust found anywhere.
-Sourced OEM front bumper that is in excellent shape I'll be repainting and installing
-All new speakers all the way around including OE sub in console
-Getting new leather for steering wheel.
-Sourced new luggage rack - will have installed soon with that roof dent mostly fixed
-New differential switch - darn center diff actuator still being stubborn but bypassed and confirmed that front and rear lockers working
-New front drive shaft u joint- vibration at speeds over 60mph taken care of.
-Sourced new key fobs

Running really well.

Price going up. Let me know if your interested and how far you want me to take it vs doing some of the refresh/restore yourself.

Its about a $8000 truck at this point and can be a 12k truck when its done.

Did you get the head and oil leaks fixed ?

Sold her on. Looked a bit different on the way out. Next owner knocking out more mechanical with Troll Hole Cruisers. Another 80 saved!!

E17C17C3-C133-48BE-BDC8-48D76A2FE4C0.jpeg

7893A3A8-28F3-4BDC-A84B-5F03FD5A34C0.jpeg

D04B3663-2C62-4AEC-805E-D21A20382A45.jpeg

640DF049-D0DF-4B26-9DF0-17125ECB5694.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom