For Sale 1997 LX450 78,150 miles No lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Guys, up for sale is a pristine 1997 LX450. I am the second owner and just bought the rig a two months ago. My plan was to build this rig and drive it forever but my wife and I are in the middle of an adoption and really need the money right now! To soften the blow of selling this rig I bought a beautiful 94 locked cruiser though!

The original owner bought it from Lexus of Bellevue in Washington. He had it serviced at the dealer until 60k miles and then nothing major since. I changed the oil and air filter but nothing else, and it hasn't needed anything else. It was garaged exclusively and the paint is in perfect shape! No rust at all. It has never been in any wrecks.

The rig is all stock except the ARB bumper I put on it. Just had the rig detailed and the carpets shampooed. The body is extremely straight and only has a small rash on the left rear corner on the bumper and the cladding on the front left fender. The roof rack has never been used even and it has only ever had street tires on it.

The only downsides are the driver seat stitching has come undone for about 4" in one spot and the antenna is stuck up after I messed with it last week. Outside of those two things there is nothing else that needs any attention! All of the other leather seats are in fantastic shape along with the rest of the interior. I even have the keyless entry and three keys for it!

Asking $24k OBO. Not in a rush to sell as I want to get top dollar out of it. PM or call/text 503-932-three one two nine. Located in Redmond Oregon
fullsizeoutput_c1d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c29.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c22.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c23.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c25.jpeg

What is it with newbs trying to flip 80s for absurd money on Mud?

Good grief.

Domino effect now

Looks sharp. I'd recommend getting the antenna repaired and the seat fixed since you are asking top dollar. Good luck on the adoption!

I'd suggest making sure this thing has zero issues if you ever want to get that kind of coin. Fix the seat, have the bumper rash professionally repainted, fix oil leaks (pan looks a little moist), fix antenna, install the dang cigarette lighter, etc. Wanting top dollar is fine, but the vehicle has to warrant top dollar. Low mileage is nice, but not the end all, be all...

Man tough crowd around here....

2ELO and ZachR,
Thanks for your suggestions and I think you are spot on. I am super busy at work right now but I will get on those things as I can.

Shaggy mutt,
I can see what you mean and that looks very conflicting but what I mean is my plan was to keep it and with the adoption we are needing the money in these next couple months. I just didn't want a bunch of people thinking I was desperate to sell it cheap.

I will drop the price as soon as I can figure out how to edit my post. Sorry some of you are so offended by my asking price but geez give a guy a break for testing the waters on what I can get for it.

Thanks for all your interest in the rig I really do think it will be a great one to build off of for someone!

Low mileage is $2k or $3k extra if that. I don’t see it as a $18K value. Cool cruiser though. Fix the little things and take the first $13K offer you get.

Still has 20 year old heater lines brake lines, gaskets , axles ever been rebuilt? Any engine work? Radiator ever flushed? Good luck

I live just down the road in Bend and am looking for a LX450. I will pay you KBB(excellent condition) as long as the carfax mileage looks legit. I have cash and am completely serious.

Seller isn't serious, why would offers be?

KBB Value on a Land Cruiser LOL

He literately said, "...really need the money right now!" That is his exclamation point.
KBB for this rig in excellent condition is around 7K. In Washington there is a LX in decent shape with higher miles and it has been at $7800 for over 2 weeks and hasn't sold.
For Sale - 1996 LX450
In California I can get one for $10K at a dealer
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=462522049
Cars for Sale: Used 1997 Lexus LX 450 4WD for sale in GLENDALE, CA 91201: Sport Utility Details - 421958501 - Autotrader
For me this rig looks clean and is only a 20 minute drive away, that means I don't have to loose a day or two of work or burn a whole weekend getting to Seattle or California and back. I was offering what I think is a great starting point for negotiations in real world prices. I have cash in hand and am seriously looking for a decent condition LX450 for my wife. Sometimes sellers will post a vehicle for a dream price and wind up selling at market value or keep it. If he really needs money now and wants to deal I am only 20 minutes away and completely serous about purchasing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom