SOLD 1997 LX450 201,000 miles $6,000.00 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my 1997 LX450 with 201,000 miles on it.

Lets try this again, I listed it a couple of months ago and didn't get much interest. I have finished some of the work on it so lets take another look at it.

The good:

The truck has been owned by two other people before me, one in southern California and the other was in Arizona so the truck has ZERO rust.
The A/C is super cold
2 1/2" OME suspension
New ARB front bumper/grill guard
New WARN VR8 winch
New battery
New Specter front seat covers
Engine Scan Gauge
LED lights inside
All windows go up and down, no sign of any leak from sun roof - sun roof drains are clear.
Runs really well, does not even think about running hot.
Not because it was running hot but because I wanted to base line it I have replaced the radiator with a new OEM one, blue fan clutch, OEM water pump, hoses, thermostat, and belts.
New OEM starter is installed.
In the pictures the new WARN winch was not wired up but it is now.
Monsterliner coating desert tan on top, grey on bottom - the reason for this was that the paint was baked from living in the Southwest its whole life and it had to be painted or covered in a coating like Monsterliner. I had great plans of taking this truck all across the Southeastern United States with my wife camping and exploring dirt roads, Natl. Forest and single tracks. Better to have Monsterliner than paint that will just get scratched up was my thinking. Some people like it, some do not - personally after doing it I like it a lot.

The bad:

Cracked dash

PO disconnected the ABS (The truck brakes fine so I never even thought about fixing that.)

Has a chip in the windshield

Antenna is broken - I think I have a new one in with all the spare parts

PO taped the housing of the drivers mirror, tape holds it good and is still on it.
IMG_1005.jpg
IMG_1006.jpg
IMG_1007.jpg
IMG_1008.jpg
IMG_1010.jpg

It has a slight dent in the tail gate. It does not bother me but I do have another tail gate that goes with the truck if you would like to change it out.

I have had the truck for over a year now but have not put too many miles on it because of traveling out of the country. I am home now and thought I would list it one more time here before putting it on Craigslist. Hate to see it go but my wife just does not care to ride around and explore with me so I will keep my FJ60 and sell the Lexus.

7FB84867-B113-4F21-B074-838185076712.jpeg
24922969-9E44-4762-91AB-728A213F16F2.jpeg
F9DA7B28-272B-4DB8-8F6E-00B4D2695463.jpeg
Young man in Texas wanted to see updated engine pics with the new OEM radiator, water pump, hoses, thermostat and blue fan clutch.

I had a old friend that owned a used car lot. His strategy was that if some car was not selling, raise the price. Still didn’t sell, raise the price again until it sold.

I just wanted to sell at a fair price and have come down to $6,000 - should have gone the other way....

I'm honestly surprised this thing hasn't sold by now. Looks like a pretty good deal for a somewhat modified 80. Maybe it's the monsterliner but I personally like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom