1997 LX 450 Seat Heaters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mts

Threads
The SO wants some seat heaters in the truck before this winter. I'm likely going to install some aftermarket ones, but was wondering where the factory switches were located on LX 450's that came with seat heaters. I've got a couple "blanks" just under and to the left of the radio.....I'm guessing that's where the switches went? ???

C-Dan - can you order just the seat heater switches to keep the factory look?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Lx450's and 80 series Cruisers imported into the US did not have seat heaters as a option. My Japan-only catalog shows seat heaters for domestic Japan usage. The switches are mounted in the center console. They are non-import items for TMS USA. They would have to be "grey marketed" into the US by some means. If they are priced like most other switches, I would guess them to be 50 to 90 bucks a piece plus however you would be able to get them into the country. The easiest way would be to have a contact in Japan that could buy them from a Japanese dealer and the send them to you.

Dan.

P.S. There are seat heaters in some Siennas, the switch for one of those may fit the hole in the Cruiser console. The Sienna ones go for about 58 bucks.

Dude, You're in KY, not Alaska.

What kind of heaters are you putting in the seats?

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31767 date=1060721696]
Dude, You're in KY, not Alaska.
[/quote]

Dude, thanks for the info, I was confused, I always wondered why I didn't run into more Canadian people here. ;)

C-dan - You are a wealth of knowledge as usual. I guess the aftermarket switches will work just fine. :D

[quote author=Scott Miller link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31772 date=1060722260]
What kind of heaters are you putting in the seats?
[/quote]

I am likely getting them from www.duettomotors.com. Pretty good prices and I have a friend that has them in his SUV and they work pretty well.

Mike

Go figure, they include this as an option for Japan, but not Canada?! The again MTN, I tend to agree, you need these in KY :D :D?

On a more serious note, do a search on either this forum or the old SOR. Someone replaced the leather - very nice job and put in seat heaters IIRC.

Cheers, Hugh

[quote author=mts link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31774 date=1060722314]
Dude, thanks for the info, I was confused, I always wondered why I didn't run into more Canadian people here. ;)[/quote] :D My mom lives near you and has heated seats in her Subaru.

Leather and heated seats...you guys are lucky. :D

Mike

How bad do you want a stock switch? I happen to be going to Japan in September and could probably check and see if they are available. :D

Tom

[quote author=mts link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31737 date=1060714703]
The SO wants some seat heaters in the truck before this winter. [/quote]
[shadow=red,left][glow=pink,3,999]DUDE[/glow][/shadow],like you are in B...F... KY. :flipoff2:

Just tell her to drink a lot of carbonated beverages and she'll warm her own seat. :flipoff2:

Just find another yota that has the seats and use those switches. That's what I did for my inverter switch :mightybird:. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom