1997 Lexus LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The factory alarm is all plug and play.. in other words your LX was delivered to the US without an alarm. They only had to unplug some connectors and insert their own wiring hardness and that little box to give you an alarm. @Rusty Marlin 's instructions above tell you how to not bypass the factory alarm but take it back to its form when it was delivered to the US. That being said, since the factory alarm was "bypassed" by the aftermarket installer, in place of just removing it, I don't know where they spliced in and to what. It is a regular problem for all kinds of vehicles when vehicles have more than one security system. it adds points of failure... I don't remember the pin out but there is a jumper you can make for the plug under your seat to get you back started. I just am at work and can't search out the post for it at the moment. However below is a great reference regarding your alarm and wiring harness.

i would make sure you removed the factory alarm wiring harness before trying to troubleshoot the aftermarket device and the rest of the vehicle. If you can't do that, then find the post where someone shows you how to jumper the harness to get it started.
Clx16
I dont mind waiting until you have the time to dig out the pinout for the harness under the seat, i tried to follow the description that says i should trace that alarm wire at the driver side firewall. I failed as i got confused afterwards. Pls when you have the time, help post that pinout.

This might be it. Alarm Experts - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/alarm-experts.1221629/post-13289822

or this... maybe try jumpering pin 1 to pin 5 ...

Last edited:
Ok guys concerning the RS3000 factory alarm system, i finally got a guy who took it out completely and the truck starts up one time. I want to thank all of you who helped in a big way. The problem i have now is to take out the key from the ignition when i turn the car off. It stops at ACC position and does not return all the way to the off position where i can pull the key out. If i take off the positive of the battery, the key turns all the way back to off and the key can be taken off. Without taking off the battery, it is stuck at ACC, but starts everytime you turn it to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom