1997 Lexus LX450 Aftermarket Power Antenna Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently purchased a replacement aftermarket power antenna that has 3 wires: Red, Green, and Black. My old antenna had an additional two wires on a harness that plugged into the bottom side of the antenna motor.

My question is, how do I re-wire this new antenna to work properly? The old main harness that plugged into the antenna has Red, Green, Black and a white/black stripe wire with red every inch or so.

Then I have these two other wires that plugged into the defunct 2 prong harness. One is blue with orange stripe, the other is a bluish with white markings every inch or so. I'm stuck. Don't want to wire it wrong.

I've searched high and low, no answers fit because most have questions about mast or have changed head unit. I'm using the same stock radio, ran an new antenna wire to stock head unit (minor project).

Any insight? Here's some pics.

This is where having a copy of the factory electrical wiring diagram manual might come in handy. If you don't already own a copy of this manual, along with the factory service manual for your truck i highly recommend getting copy's. There is a wealth of information contained within their pages. Here's a link to an EBay ad where you can buy both manual for a 1997 Land Cruiser for 170 dollars, plus 8.99 in shipping if you don't already own copy's.

1997 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER Service Shop Repair Workshop Manual Set OEM W EWD | eBay

Plus here's a Mud link where you can download a free digital copy of the 1997 Lexus 450 service manual.
For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price.

Hope this helps.

From the EWD for the 1997 LX450 it looks like the 2 wire connector controls the motor direction from the Auto Antenna ECU (antenna up Blue/Org, antenna down Blue/Blk.
The 4 wire connector goes to the Auto Antenna Relay (built into the OEM antenna?).. Blk, Red, White work with the Auto Antenna ECU and White/Blk is the shielded ground. I dont understand the circuit well enough to advise you but I suspect you need an OEM antenna unit if you want it to work 100%.

Rifleman is right...the EWD is worth it.

Any luck with getting this connected. My truck didn't come with an antenna, i'm thinking someone threw it away at some point after many hours of frustration. I was just going to get a manual one to fill the hole but if the aftermarket antenna works for just a little more money, it would be a cool feature to restore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom