1997 LC, realistic value.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
An individual locally is selling a 1997 LC, very nice cosmetics, 186K, no locking rear diffs, in theory well maintained (but EVERYONE says that...). He wants $6k. That seems... reasonable but I don't buy LC's on a regular basis, having driven my current one for 10 years. Does this sound reasonable, price wise? Are there any inherent items related the '97 that I should check?

Thanks !!!

W/ 186K on the clock that seems a bit high. I have seen semi-built rigs selling for $5K. If the head gasket or front axle service has not been done, then the price is way to high.

My $.02.

Sid

W/ 186K on the clock that seems a bit high. I have seen semi-built rigs selling for $5K. If the head gasket or front axle service has not been done, then the price is way to high.

My $.02.

Sid

If you can post a link to a clean/non-salvage title '95+ LC for $5k with under 150k miles, then I'll believe it. The going rate for a '97 is $6k+, regardless of mileage. Hell...I don't see many 60 series listed for under $5k unless they've got well over 150k miles and have a rough body.

Edit: Would I buy an 80 series with that many miles? No...but that is what they seem to be selling for.

Shouldn't have been posted on the 60 forum. Just habit on my part as I drive a 60. Apologies. Anyway, I looked at the 80;

Went an saw "it". 186K. No readily available service records. Tires must be replaced in 5k. Ran alright but had a whine from something in the belt chain, more than casual.

The vehicle had been using a quart of oil every 300 miles. PVC valve replaced, in theory fixed. But... I think they took it to a shop that said something like "we can fix that but you have these other problems"... and then they decided to sell it. No major work done since day one, engine, trans, brakes, blah, blah, blah. Interior ragged. A project vehicle. It actually drove ok as long as you ignore the wierd whining from the front of the block.

Passed on it. Don't really need a severe project vehicle. Oh well, I will keep looking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom