1997 LC collector with factory lockers less than 200k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at what seems to be a pristine collector 1997. Car fax checks out. Verified miles just under 200,000. Looks great via photos but not yet seen it in person. Value? 20k? I see these at times for less. What's the going rate for a really nice one?

Dan, prices are all over the place right now. Hard to say what that would be worth. I’m not paying $20k for that rig unless it’s got a factory diesel (I’m sure the one you’re looking at isn’t a diesel import) and a ton of maintenance records. Bought my 97LX450 with 186k (obviously not a CE) for $9k, but that’s was 8 years ago or so.

Dan, prices are all over the place right now. Hard to say what that would be worth. I’m not paying $20k for that rig unless it’s got a factory diesel (I’m sure the one you’re looking at isn’t a diesel import) and a ton of maintenance records. Bought my 97LX450 with 186k (obviously not a CE) for $9k, but that’s was 8 years ago or so.
Thanks, I hear ya! This one is a bit of a rare one, collector edition and factory lockers. I can't seem to locate a decent fj80 with relatively low miles for a decent price. Or, the ones I locate are 2000 miles from me. I did locate a nice 88, but he wanted $25k! Thanks for the insight👍

Point to ponder: I recently looked at a couple of gray market 25 year old plus imports with 3.0 diesel engines. These are the Prado version and I really liked them. One was a 92 for $17k and the other a 95 for $21k. I passed on them as no one here will work on them. But they were both both sold as soon as I opted out. Oddly these cars are commanding these prices, and they are gray market ones.

Yep. The market is absolutely crazy right now. If you find a decent one that fits your requirements 2000 miles from home I would suggest finding a cruiser head in that area to look at it for you and then fly in / drive it home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom