1997 landcruiser grab handle question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does any of the other grab handles fit in the empty slot above the drivers side front door? I want to put one there, but wanted to see if anyone has done this yet?.....
Thanks.

Any standard (above the door, not the ones attached to the A or B pillar) grab handle will work.

I swiped one from the 3rd row for mine.

My grab handle above the left front door is saving my seat. The main wear on the seat is from sliding my skinny butt over the side of the seat. I now lift myself over the side of the seat, and plop my ass in the chair. It saves upholstery costs.

Any standard (above the door, not the ones attached to the A or B pillar) grab handle will work.

Yet more practical information from (one of) the guru(s)!

Thanks again 333!

Last edited:

Yet more practical information from (one of) the guru(s)!

Thanks again Mot!

Did I post in Japanese, talk about my light fetish, or something? :confused:

^ Fixed it... It must have been confusion or Freud or something... I had previous to posting here just read something he had posted elsewhere and put you two in the same (guru) category.

I'm not sure if that's a put-down or compliment to either of you? :D

great idea.

Definitely the other above door grabs work. I got mine from an 80 being parted out locally, and use ALL the time. You can never have too many grab handles...recently ordered a dash grab handle from Japan4x4 and will post pics once it goes into the Cruiser. The :princess: finally agreed to adding that one after Surf N Turf, and holding on for dear life!

:cheers:

Steve

^ Fixed it... It must have been confusion or Freud or something... I had previous to posting here just read something he had posted elsewhere and put you two in the same (guru) category.

I'm not sure if that's a put-down or compliment to either of you? :D

It's okay. I've been called worse.

He has prettier hands than I do though. :lol:

Definitely the other above door grabs work. I got mine from an 80 being parted out locally, and use ALL the time. You can never have too many grab handles...recently ordered a dash grab handle from Japan4x4 and will post pics once it goes into the Cruiser. The :princess: finally agreed to adding that one after Surf N Turf, and holding on for dear life!

:cheers:

Steve

Lol. THat's awesome. Please post pic when done.
thanks.

So the holes and threads are already there, just under the cloth headliner? Just locate the holes and attach with stock hardware?
I havent looked yet, but would assume so.

So the holes and threads are already there, just under the cloth headliner? Just locate the holes and attach with stock hardware?

I havent looked yet, but would assume so.

They have little flat plastic caps that cover them. Don't remember if they just pull out or are threaded.

Love mine

Got it from a rig that was being parted-out. Flat tabs out, then screw the handle right in.

Hit my head on it....once. I remember it is there every single time now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom