Builds 1997 HZJ77HV-PEU Build (Grey Poupon) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put 2K kilometers on the truck and it’s running like a champ, all new door seals and dynamat make the truck so much nicer, all new body mounts also takes the jar out leaves. In the end totally worth all new body mounts.

Interior progress

I stripped the old stuff I had done before because of course I changed my mind so back to all bare aluminum on the door for now. I will be cutting new aluminum with only the provision for the crank and simple door handles. So, if anybody is interested in my old aluminum door cards, hit me up. Still need them for a bit here but I’m guessing somebody might be interested.

IMG_4583.JPG

setup the scanner and did the L,R quarter board panels

IMG_4591.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4593.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

banana nut muffins identification guide
got my new tank all installed, only had to re-use the filler neck rubber flex section. Was hard as a rock so I boiled it in water for about 10 mins and it was nice and flexible again. :) I had a bit of surge issue @ 40 MPH that seemed like to me air was getting in someplace, that is now gone and I get nice solid hammer time all throughout the range. happy day.
Finally got my ARB rear bumper and that was pretty easy bolt on thing. I did plug weld the stock rear bumper side cladding holes before painting so that looks nice. I don’t miss the side cladding, seems like a good look to me. And yes I forgot to paint the spare tire carrier :(
IMG_4622.JPG

IMG_4624.JPG

I also got the back doors re-upholstered with the matching extra yardage carpet from Australia. As well as the matching matt finish vinyl. I’m going to be doing a couple of M5 nutserts on each panel. I just hate the yellow clips because the break often so this way it’s not a huge deal. I think it looks fine. Some yellow clips and a couple of nutserts makes the panel connections super solid and eliminates any rattle whatsoever.

IMG_4623.JPG

also started working on a tool roll because my old one was pretty Shasta McNasty, not done yet but you get the idea. Also hopefully this way it's not going to rattle.

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

General consensus is those are tie down points for shipping, not rated as recovery hooks/points

Hello,

Those hooks are beefier than they look. I have used mine for recovery, and they have served me well. This includes a few hard pulls when I was deep in mud.

An additional coat of paint to keep rust away is all they need.

I guess harder recovery requires stronger hooks.

Juan

Found it :(

IMG_4969.JPG

so I think?

83710-60280

Catalog CABLE ASSY, SPEEDOMETER DRIVE, NO.1

Toyota Land Cruiser
8 generation 08.1987 - 07.2004
Electrics, Meter
8 generation, restyling 01.1995 - 07.1999
Electrics, Meter

ordered it and we shall see.

Back @ it with the spedo cable, this was a lot of fun.

83710-60280 was the one I ordered and it's exactly the same in everyway except! the connection to the cluster. But fear not with a little strategic twist/pull the old white connector will come off the old cable. The yellow one is new and smaller, you will have to widdle that one off.

IMG_4981.JPG

You can get the newer style yellow connector off without hulk destroy the new cable assembly.

IMG_4982.JPG

And here is the new cable with the old white cluster connection clip thing. it's really snug and it seems fine to me.

IMG_4983.JPG

Back @ it with the spedo cable, this was a lot of fun.

83710-60280 was the one I ordered and it's exactly the same in everyway except! the connection to the cluster. But fear not with a little strategic twist/pull the old white connector will come off the old cable. The yellow one is new and smaller, you will have to widdle that one off.

View attachment 3563395

You can get the newer style yellow connector off without hulk destroy the new cable assembly.

View attachment 3563397
And here is the new cable with the old white cluster connection clip thing. it's really snug and it seems fine to me.

View attachment 3563396
It would be a perfect mod if it made the Land Cruiser faster too.... 😜

Nice ingenuity!

parabolically sprung

couple of huge updates for my rig. First off is this little gem, super rare part!
IMG_5015.JPG

got a pallet from AU with the terrain tamer springs. I only have maybe 300-400 KM on them so far but man they do ride nicer. it's still a popper truck with rattles and gut jarring feedback but it did help make the ride a bit better unloaded for sure.

IMG_4995.JPG

IMG_5017.JPG

pretty sure I eneded up using, you will need slightly longer UBOLTS as the TT springs are a bit thicker.
9011714038 BOLT, U(FOR FRONT SPRING)
9011714032 BOLT, U(FOR REAR SPRING)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom