Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jmlockwood

"It was on it the engine when I got it. If I get it to you can you make some copies?"

I'd buy one of the HDFT reproduction stickers if you made them.

I am already going down this pathway.

I have a few OEM FTE stickers coming in a couple of weeks. I was going to shop then around to see if anyone talented could reproduce them...and just save one to cut the E off of if all else fails.

More progress in the last few days. The Moonlight snorkel requires quite a bit of real estate on the passenger fender side. This is actually a shorter model that they make. Super nice 4” snorkel to allow for some pretty significant airflow. And it’s all hooked up with the matching Moonlight stainless airbox - which was made to mount up nicely with the PDI intercooler setup.

6E482C93-8B68-4026-BBB7-29015874667E.jpeg

35E90419-63A2-47C6-B05B-B9DC6657353B.jpeg

520F708E-4CE1-4011-96C4-1036390D161E.jpeg

E83B0806-2D62-4AF9-84CF-5E32BC496F0C.jpeg

That Moonlight snorkel looks great!

After seeing the exchange rates last week I shot moonlight another quote request. I think it was .57 AUD to 1 USD or something like that... sadly, shipping went through roof, close to doubling the cost.

That Moonlight snorkel looks great!

After seeing the exchange rates last week I shot moonlight another quote request. I think it was .57 AUD to 1 USD or something like that... sadly, shipping went through roof, close to doubling the cost.
That’s odd. I know shipping is high but did not recall it being THAT much!. But the exchange rate is definitely really really good these days. Highly recommend that company.

That’s odd. I know shipping is high but did not recall it being THAT much!. But the exchange rate is definitely really really good these days. Highly recommend that company.
Moonlight stuff is artwork, I felt it was almost a pity to cover it up with the bonnet.

I tried to buy a Moonlight snorkel a few years ago and if I recall correctly, the snorkel was like $750USD and the shipping was the same. Kind of a bummer because they do make nice stuff.

Forgive the slight hijack but...I'm going to build an 80 series 4" stainless snorkel in the next few weeks after I gather parts. I will share details once I have had a chance to do it if anyone is interested.

Finally settled in on the gauge setup. Needed something for EGTs, boost, etc., and really was not too crazy about the options. Ended up going with a 14:1 unit from Just Race Parts in Australia. It is mounted in the “useless cubby” via the Wits End useless cubby mount. The unit was really reasonable, shipping was fast, and the quality seems pretty solid.

DE5AC5E9-6FE1-474B-9E4E-951B8081B7F8.jpeg

This thread should see some increased tech in the coming weeks. The truck is going to take a little trip to “finishing school.” Currently lining up some logistical issues and off she will go. The thread will see a lot of activity as this project accelerates toward the finish line. Plus, I am going to get the added benefit of one heck of a road trip to bring it home.

The truck was picked up this morning to begin a short little 2400 mile journey to @SNLC in Idaho. Ian and I have gotten to know each other pretty well since he built out my PZJ77 last Fall. We have been discussing another build and I think it just makes since to send this out to him given its current status. Stay tuned.

AE98F12D-8C81-493B-82F3-887197C64ADE.png

@jmlockwood

"It was on it the engine when I got it. If I get it to you can you make some copies?"

I'd buy one of the HDFT reproduction stickers if you made them.
@Workhorse I really wanted to make this happen. But the prior shop removed the sticker and it went missing. That sucks because the sticker was in really good condition. I am sure that @SNLC and I will figure something out.

@Workhorse I really wanted to make this happen. But the prior shop removed the sticker and it went missing. That sucks because the sticker was in really good condition. I am sure that @SNLC and I will figure something out.

Yup because I need one for the 67 pickup too. :)

Cheers

@SNLC and I have a pretty lengthy project list as of last night. We are far enough along that I can start ordering some stuff. So I woke up this morning and got a @TrekboxX System Alpha setup on the way to Idaho. Anyone got any recommendations for what size fridge to use? I’ve had ARB’s in the past but I currently own a Dometic and really like them.

9D254706-E689-4ABD-B293-5741DE2FDBD6.jpeg

@jmlockwood National Luna all the way. Super quiet and super high quality. Contact Paul @Equipt
He and his team will take very good care of you. Paul has all sorts of goodies you might like.

National Luna Weekender 50L fridge freezer combo for me John.

Alright! Let’s get this burning diesel already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom