Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

😆

10C81026-22E4-40CC-821C-745A2EB5D079.jpeg

D8AACF24-E7C6-4BCF-9306-0CA767061BA7.jpeg

We are working on RHS slider front mount. It has to be customized.

AA89D35D-59A4-44F1-BEDB-14B5799819BE.jpeg

CED9E1E3-97E4-46C5-98DD-0E63D391534A.jpeg

Cheers

In case you didn’t notice in the post above, we are running the Blackhawk radius arms. Man I like these arms, just sweet.

0DF0AEBB-5EE1-43F7-B8CF-D75C20441C06.jpeg
F45431E5-1B4E-404D-AEE5-92F72E6F52FE.jpeg
19C3267D-B651-40E5-B5CD-F883C502637D.jpeg
3B901721-33ED-4C9B-8185-942A0793FD30.jpeg
419E5882-6DEF-4D55-AD9E-DA6BA63094BA.jpeg

Cheers

In case you didn’t notice in the post above, we are running the Blackhawk radius arms. Man I like these arms, just sweet.

Cheers

The bushings look (at least the inner sleeve) a bit thicker than OEM. Can you use OEM bushing on these or are they a common size you could replace in the future?

Last edited:
The bushings look (at least the inner sleeve) a bit thicker than OEM. Can you use OEM bushing on these or are they a common size you could replace in the future?

Didn’t take the time to measure. I believe the bushings are the same size as stock but they are using a non-stock rubber bushing.

Cheers

I don’t think I mentioned it above but the sliders and belly skid went out for fresh powder coat this morning. I got to say the Cruisin Off-Road belly skids are killer, they give the most protection of any belly skids on the market. We moved them forward because the whole trans/tcase moved forward. We also enlarged the notch on the front belly slid for the driveline at full droop and it clears being moved forward. John has full belly skids from bellhousing to tcase on this Cruiser, its pretty rad.

Fuel tank is an FZJ80 we are modifying the pickup to accommodate 12mm as well as an enlarged return line. It still uses the FZJ80 drop in insert there is just no fuel pump and line size is being increased. Obviously we have “restored” the fuel tank. It got a full inner wash and inspection, sanded and scuffed on exterior, primed and than Raptor lined. @Onur has hooked us up with other goodies to finish of the tank rebuild-refresh. Once the fuel tank and system is done (plus few more small things like mount the headlights and grill) the Cruiser is ready to hit the streets and start driving it. 🤩

There is still a ton of little details to deal with as we get to the end of the build as well as loose ends. However, the fuel tank is the last big project, A/C lines and plumbing still a fair bit of work but minor in the grand scheme of it all. There has been a couple late build changes as well but they are not to much work either and won’t keep it from starting the break in process. 😉

Cheers

Last edited:
Oh ya, here is the rear at full stuff.

4CFC77F3-2415-4948-AD03-0DC98860C27C.jpeg

The Coopers are a touch small for a 315. So plenty of room at full stuff. It droops real well, enough to need coil spring retainers all around. Bumps also need to be dropped. We are still debating on raising the front. Cruiser came to us with OME 850/863’s and had a great stance, even with the other FT engine and 442. As we have added weight though the front has sagged. FTE is an easy 200-300lbs over a 1FZFE. Intercooler, x2 batteries, 12k Warn, ARB bumper and more. Going to be interesting to weigh this Cruiser end build.

This is why we do suspension at the end of a build. We need to Cruiser loaded up as it is to be built out end build to really dial in suspension. We took readings on rear pinion today for stuff, droop and ride height, it varies not much. We are at 2.5* tcase output and have the rear pinion dialed in to 2.5* at ride height as well so all suspension hardware was torqued today besides F&R panhards on one end. That is because we will also do a final dial in axles side to side very close to end of the build.

Cheers

Looks like they correct for caster and might be a little longer. Is that right?? Is their profile any thinner?

Yes they correct caster. Yes they are a little longer. No the profile is not thinner.

Cheers

So what at made you guys go with this manufacturer vs say Delta, superior engineering or someone else. I had never heard of this brand until now. Thanks in advance

Very little wait time as they were on the shelf in Australia. Blackhawk is the same company as Slinky.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom