For Sale 1997 FZJ80 Special Edition Dallas Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1997 FZJ 80 Special Edition This truck is perfect and does not need anything. This truck does not have lockers. There is not one ding on paint and this truck is hand washed by me. This truck is garaged every night! I know there are cheaper priced trucks and for this one to go the price is the price. This truck is for someone who wants a finished very nicely done truck and is ready to drive. This truck has not been off-roaded! All parts are top of the line and OEM. The radio is top of the line over 1k. The leather is LCH and is 1 month old. The engine was rebuilt to make it perfect and super tight. All parts on engine water pump, alt , etc are all brand new oem. The brakes are OEM as well. This trucks drives perfect. There have been no corners cut.

Inside looks better than outside with LCH FULL Leather! Not one leak on anything! If this truck every needed anything it was done with no questions.

I have a receipts on everything done to this truck. All parts are OEM.

I CAN SEND ADDITIONAL PICTURES UPON REQUEST!

Price 35,000

-201k milage

-OME heavy springs

-Rebuilt Engine 8 k on rebuild

-new exhaust manifold and gaskets

-new turbo flow muffler

-Rebuilt Transmission

-Rebuilt new Knuckles

-New paint

-New Leather

-New cushions on front seats

-Seat Heaters on front seats

-new sunroof glass and rubber seal

-new trim inside sunroof

-no RUST

-clean car fax

-new powder coating on roof rack, wiper arms front and back

-new ironman front bumper

-new gutters

-new windshield

-new grill

-new turn signals

-new headlights

-new hands free radio

-new alarm

-auto start

-new condenser

-new starter

-new brakes dics and pads

-new steering wheel

-new shifter

-new starter

-new battery cables

-transmission complete service

-transfer case complete service

kcApcs+xS6uNZRJw8wrcgA.jpg

Y7mLaRG%RnqVGXVQ9nKFfA.jpg

wzVxS89DS9S8BB6HCHUFaQ.jpg

qx+tZMN9QYW2HDAXa0bEhQ.jpg

CG3KAyvNTP2yfetQvZJixw.jpg

Last edited:
I've fixed up and sold many FJZ80's so I feel that I'm pretty dialed into their prices. On a good day and finding the right buyer, you'll get between $15,000 to $17,000 for that truck. No lockers and plus 200k miles hurts your value. If you can get $35k, power to you. Beautiful truck though!

Thanks but if I had $35K I'd just buy a 2000+ G-wagen which would have factory lockers, well under 200K miles and it's twice as fast. Insane prices get insane reactions I guess. Good luck though! Suckers are out there...

I never understand why people say that they don't "need" to sell their cruiser to justify a crazy asking price. If you don't "need" to sell it then why put it up for sale here?

To me 'need' means I lose the house or take some other huge setback if it doesn't sell. If I'm just going to plow the money into another project or let it sit in the bank then I don't need to sell.

I'm not saying his price is reasonable but you asked a question.

To me 'need' means I lose the house or take some other huge setback if it doesn't sell. If I'm just going to plow the money into another project or let it sit in the bank then I don't need to sell.

I'm not saying his price is reasonable but you asked a question.

Makes sense.

You really should explain why all the badges are wrong, and why the wheels have the wrong inset paint color (the D’s as we call them).

You should have a smoked bronze color grill “sombrero/bean”, and the rear hatch should have that same smoked bronze color emblem, as well as the 18” resin badge should be the darker smoked color (the Toyota LANDCRUISER badge), and the “fulltime 4WD” badge should match the 2 on the hatch.

If you need an example of the correct badge, look in my albums - I have a side-by-side pic of them, and my 18” resin badge went to a good home, was prob the last NIB one.

The wheels you have are the standard silver painted “D’s” all the standard ‘95-‘97 80’s have. ALL 40th Ann Ed’s & Collector Ed’s came with charcoal color insets, not silver.

So what happened?

And, it’s a Collector’s Edition, there never was a Special Edition.
You can guess why people would like to know since you’re asking $35K, firm.
For a 200K odometer 80.

I’m 100% on my info, so if I’m coming across as rude, I just want the newer guys to hear the story on your 80 & why all the small details don’t add up.

Did you get a full respray of paint?
If so, why?
Refurb’d wheels?
Or were they stolen, maybe prior to your buying?

For your asking, errrrr, firm - price you really should volunteer all the info.

I never understand why people say that they don't "need" to sell their cruiser to justify a crazy asking price. If you don't "need" to sell it then why put it up for sale here?

Sometimes sellers (usually men) post an ad to sell their car because their wife told them to do so, when actually the man doesn't want to sell their rig. They'll also convince the wife that the vehicle is worth $xx,xxx amount when in reality its actually a much lower number. With this method, they'll post an ad to appease the wife & the man's car won't get sold because of its high price.

Sh*t like this is why I chose to never get married. :D

^^^ your reasoning is the only format for this fella’s ad to ask so much & deliver so little info to justify.

Not like this is a #’s matching, 1/6 1971 Hemi ‘Cuda ragtop. Those words together sell themself.

@702FZJ80 - I have a pet peeve for when people call their Pig “something sooooo special” or “like new” - and all they have is a pretty generic rig.

This isn’t that poverty package 80 w/ crazy low miles from ~2yrs ago - and I don’t even think the ask on it was above mid $20K.

Aside from going full cab-off resto, this is a 200K 80. And a set of springs & bumper.
Sure, it’s a nice color combo (subjective), but $35K?
And the big pet peeve is when sellers defend hinky $hit the rest of us who been here a couple days spot at 30’ as a flag. Just own the situation & explain.

IDK why, but I always hear Eric Cartman’s (fat boy on South Park) -voice when reading the ads that come up where someone makes big claims/big $$$ askers.
-“Hey guys, look at my new ____, isn’t it juuust sooooo cooooooool?”
-Tell me you don’t agree?

Alot of newer guys/prospective buyers wouldn’t know shadowline badges were 100% the norm/expected for the 40th & Collectors, and more importantly - why is/are the badge(s) missing (they are NLA, so no option to replace with OE correct color emblems) - and maybe not on this one but it could be a sign of paintwork from any # of issues. Seller doesn’t say.

If the guy just owned the situation & explained, I would not have made any comment at all (I’m not out to be the ‘price police’ - I only care when I see glaring misrepresentation).
If it was legit solid, he could ask $35K for his 200K 80 & all I’d do is laugh without commenting since there’s 3 solid equipped 200-225K 80’s for literally 1/2 the $35K price-tag.

@Pierce - right on! Hold onto it, it’s selling for 3x what you paid. And a couple of guys have done full respray 40th’s, so those as refresh items are worth holding.
Mine went to a great member here, and honestly my 80 was never going to get it.

Big picture, seller should explain his 80. Unless his wife wants it sold but not him.

Sadly we can all see seller has been here since I asked the questions:

Copy/paste from his profile —— Craig Foy was last seen: Today at 9:11 AM

Dude, just tell us the deal.

More power to you if you can get $35K for it, as long as it’s not “built” in more ways than you’re representing.

It’s a nice color (desert dune metallic if my phone is giving true hues) - but even on my phone those chrome badges stick out, so seriously & no salt intended, what is the whole story?

If anybody asked me about my black 80, I’d step forward w/ the fact my e-lockers are retrofit & my driver door is a factory black paint replacement - it’s just truth. See - nobody has keys to a perfect 80 (well, maybe Dan - but he’s literally in the museum ;) ).

I've got no problem with you posting whatever price you want and defending your price with that's what you think it's worth. You have't complained about why there's been X,XXX number of views and no replies and you haven't asked if your price was wrong...you obviously don't care. LINUS and others have made solid points and asked questions that a seller should answer. This is a site of knowledgeable people and not the sucker rich guy driving down the road that just has to own that car he had in HS or college that he regrets selling. Maybe I missed it, you haven't even said when you got it or the history on it.

This is directly aimed @Craig Foy, our esteemed member who is huckstering his 80 in everybody’s WTB ad, but from his own mouth can’t be bothered to read english:

What questions do you need answered? I must have missed them. I really laugh at all the hard ass talk about my truck; All I have seen on this site for the most part are pieces of s***!

Oh, and it seems all our rigs are ‘pieces of s***’.
(In the opinion of this expert with his “Special Edition”).

I thought the Collectors Edition had the inside of the wheels painted dark grey and the land cruiser emblem on the back hatch was black pearl not silver. Are these replacements or is my info bad.

So the wheels are called into question for the 1st time.......

Aside from the (3) exterior "Collector Edition" stick on badges, there is nothing in the pictures posted which would indicate that this 80 is an actual CE.

That is based on the lack of gray-colored "D"s on the wheels and the absence of any of the correct Pearl Black badges and trim.

And since the seller is unwilling to post pictures of the interior, we cannot see if there is anything inside to corroborate the claim of this being a 97 "Special Edition," not that there is any such thing.

Could it be a 40th Anniversary? Maybe. But again. Wheels are wrong. And maybe there was a color change from the ASP or DEP original color. And, of course, we can't see if the proper #'d badge is present on the center console.

This Seller wants buyers to pay all the money AND chase the info. While slamming this site and its members.

#PoundSand
#BuiltLOL

Again, the wheels, the badges, and now the possibility it’s a generic ‘97 tarted up with Collector Edition stickers.......
.....oh, I mean “Special Edition” :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

And because I’m a “Cliff Notes”-type myself & you “never saw my question”

You really should explain why all the badges are wrong, and why the wheels have the wrong inset paint color (the D’s as we call them).

You should have a smoked bronze color grill “sombrero/bean”, and the rear hatch should have that same smoked bronze color emblem, as well as the 18” resin badge should be the darker smoked color (the Toyota LANDCRUISER badge), and the “fulltime 4WD” badge should match the 2 on the hatch.

If you need an example of the correct badge, look in my albums - I have a side-by-side pic of them, and my 18” resin badge went to a good home, was prob the last NIB one.

The wheels you have are the standard silver painted “D’s” all the standard ‘95-‘97 80’s have. ALL 40th Ann Ed’s & Collector Ed’s came with charcoal color insets, not silver.

So what happened?

And, it’s a Collector’s Edition, there never was a Special Edition.
You can guess why people would like to know since you’re asking $35K, firm.
For a 200K odometer 80.

I’m 100% on my info, so if I’m coming across as rude, I just want the newer guys to hear the story on your 80 & why all the small details don’t add up.

Did you get a full respray of paint?
If so, why?
Refurb’d wheels?
Or were they stolen, maybe prior to your buying?

For your asking, errrrr, firm - price you really should volunteer all the info.

I’m not one to quote myself but you asked. Or stated you never saw the questions posed of your 80 & rationalization of the price.

Fella, nobody here is interested in your $35K/200K+ stuff.

Take it to BAT (bring a trailer) - see what you get.
In the meantime, go look in my album - I am not some “more money than brains” -kinda guy, but I also don’t have a problem finding 2 dimes to rub together.

If I was to sell my black e-lockered, 147K FZJ80 with all the armor & goods, I think pricing would be around $15-17K. If it was FS.

Nobody here is buying what you’re selling, not at anything that is priced above anything with a “teen” in the pricetag. Even that is generous, as it looks like ‘mystery meat’ with all the wrong stuff & your :::awesome::: price, the ‘frosting on the cake’ being your truely enlightened attitude towards all us who have a few days wrenching & enjoying a 80 or 2 (or 3+).

I wouldn’t even send Steven Colbert or Hillary Clinton to you, and I despise the both of them.
OK, maybe Hillary :moon:

......and here’s his reply & what could be said is his general attitude in another thread here:

Wanted - 95 to 97 Land Cruiser or LX

who gives a s*** about this stupid thread

So yet again, you choose to threadcrap @DOCBG ’s thread - but you won’t crap in your own thread. Suuuuuuuuuuper claaaaaaassy. Emphasis on the ass.

email me crgf44@gmail.com or call me 214-673-7960. I have not taken this site very seriously because people are rude and most of the trucks are not anywhere close to what I build.

I thought this was worth repeating as we are “deplorables” & we drive rigs that are soooooooo “inferior” to your 200K+ one. You show zero respect for genuine questions asked and the members here in general, yet you want us to take YOU seriously - in what world does that play?

I think I can confidently say the following if you choose the same going forward:

Nobody wants your ad, you here, or any contribution you ‘think’ you’re making.
You’ve not contributed any positive comments and are at this point - a waste of bandwidth.

Enough research would probably dig up you have over-spray, questionable repairs, or something that backs up why all the ‘red flags’ we’ve addressed have been met with silence or deflection.

We’ll be sure to enlighten people to your “Special Edition” every time you post it, especially if you do list it on BAT (despite your ‘no need to sell’, what a laugh).

You aren’t replying to the genuine tech questions we asked of you, so at this point you can either get serious & answer why there are so many ‘red flags’ as you’ve been asked by multiple members, or you can take your 80 & just drive it for the next 20yrs since it’s ‘so perfect’.

You choose. We posted clear questions that for $35K deserve answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom