For Sale 1997 FZJ80 Poverty Pack factory triple locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***Taking best full cash offer as of 5/20/16, want to sell ASAP due to relocation***

Up for sale is a 1997 factory triple locked poverty pack. The poverty pack came as a stripped down model like they shipped to South America, supposedly this is the last one to make it to the states as a June '97 build. They have no sunroof, no third row jump seats, no power seats, no leather, no fender flares, no rear side sliding glass, no tint, no roof rack, no factory running boards, basically free of all of the items that either get removed or lead to rust, failure, and other issues over the years. The previous owner purchased it from the original owners of 18 years who owned it since new. I hate to let it go but I picked this up with every intention of it becoming our weekend rig with the dogs but the misses simply prefers something different so it's gotta go.

Upgrades/improvements in the past year:

• Repaint in Toyota Grey Metallic, it's not show quality but it's nicer than anything I've seen on any other 80.
• New head gasket
• New wires and plugs
• New belts and all heater hoses
• New Interstate battery
• New water pump
• All new fluids throughout
• New windshield
• New TJM TM-17 front winch bumper
• (5) New repowdercoated 70 series steel wheels 16x7"
• OME/ARB 2.5" lift
• OME/ARB steering stabilizer
• New tie rod and tie rod ends
• Lloyd mats front, rear, and cargo

Upgrades/improvements in the past month:

• New Alpine head unit, CD/USB/Aux/BT/Hands free phone
• Rockford Fosgate Punch 5.25" speakers in the front and rear doors
• (5) New BFG AT KO2's 265/75/16
• New Warn M8000-S with synthetic winch line and a Factor 55 thimble
• New Slee Rock Slider Steps
• New rear upper lift gate handle
• New OEM in-dash cup holder
• New OEM exhaust gaskets from the manifold back to the second Cat
• New AC drier unit and system re-charge (old one was leaking)
• New Scan Guage 2 mounted on the steering column
• New center console latch
• (2) New OEM factory keys
• New Yodateq LED under hood lighting
• New Bosch blade style wipers
• New OEM Toyota air filter

This Cruiser drives amazingly well and runs cool. I haven't seen temps north of 195F on the Scan Guage and that's with AC on HI and sitting in traffic in 90 degree temps down here in south Texas. The interior is amazingly clean and short of a small tear on the back of one of the rear seats and another on an armrest on one of the rear doors it is nearly perfect. No door dings, dents, or rust on the body. The only thing on the entire vehicle that doesn't work or is missing is the antenna mast, the motor and up/down buttons still function fine. I have capped the antenna hole to keep water out. It runs up down the highway at 70mph on Cruise all day and the tranny shifts smooth.

The Cruiser is located in South Central Texas, about 2 hours from San Antonio/Austin/Houston. I may be willing to deliver to those cities for the right price. The Cruiser has 213K on the odo and it'll continue to slowly go up as I use it sparingly until it sells. PM or email me (Tex six eight w at gmail.com) for questions or other pic requests. Asking $17,500 OBO. Might entertain adventure bike, dual sport, or super motard trades.

Last edited:
Interior and under body pics from previous owner no more than 2 months ago. Still in same condition.

Last edited:
Last edited:
PM sent

I want those seats.

My ex-wife told me I had to sell my cruiser several years ago ;)

Bump!

Open to hearing offers.

I've found my next rig, need to move this, feel free to make me an offer.

if this bad boy is still in your possession whenever the VW TDi buy-out thing happens... i'd be glad to talk turkey.
until then - it's just back to salivating over it like i did when it was on the 'bay.

Nice rig but 19K... I've sold nicer for 12.5K
and yes it was trippel locked.

Good to know, thanks for your positive comments on my ad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom