1997 FZJ80 LC driver's door lock actuator and master switch issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased a beautiful 1997 FZJ80. Few minor issues and one of them is door locks not working.

Master switch at drivers door only operates passenger's side front and driver's side rear.

Master switch at passenger's door operates all except driver's front lock.

I'm thinking I have a combination of faults going on, one is the master switch at driver's door and the other seems to be the driver's door actuator.

Are the lock actuators for driver's door of 1997 FZJ80 obsolete? If so, are reconditioned or good used actuators available? Any opinions on brand?

Are master switches for driver's door still available? Any opinions on brand?

Thank you in advance for all responses.

Last edited:
The switch assembly is the same as a Camry's IIRC. Probably need to confirm that as my memory is not what it used to be. If it's unobtanium through the factory system, I've seen them on sale through the usual China vendors at very low cost, YMMV.

But you say the passenger side switch operates all except the driver's door? That doesn't seem right. Perhaps some over hasty rewiring is at fault? Probably worth opening up the arm rest to check to see if wiring looks original or show signs of hacking.

I just replaced the motor in the door lock actuator on my passenger front. Wasn't too big of a deal. Bought two motors off eBay for $13 I think.

I'll be doing the rear hatch motor replacement as well as it currently works about 50% of the time.

The actuators are not individually controlled, all 5 motors are wired together in parallel, so not likely to be the master switch.

The motors are pretty easy to service yourself.

Door Lock 01.jpg

Door Lock 02.jpg

Door Lock 03.jpg

Did you end up with the securikey+ alarm system? If it's unplugged you can have weird issues until you plug it back in.

Did you end up with the securikey+ alarm system? If it's unplugged you can have weird issues until you plug it back in.

I don’t have the securekey and haven’t checked to see if alarm module is still in and plugged or not but probably will this weekend. I will start there and see what happens. Thank you for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom