For Sale 1997 FZJ80 Land Cruiser w/ lockers, bumpers, sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 FZJ80 Collectors Edition Land Cruiser. The vehicle is located in Denver, CO.

Asking price is $9000

The good: The engine is smooth and quiet and doesn't leak a drop; the paint and clear coat are still glossy; the A/C is ice cold, I have a full record of service and receipts since my ownership.

The bad: 3/5 tires are worn or uneven, there is a rust spot developing under the rear glass of the rear hatch, the CEL is on due to aftermarket exhaust/catalytic converter, it will probably need caster bushings

The ugly: surface rust on front bumper and sliders, drivers front fender is dented, rock chip in windshield

244,xxx miles

White paint in good condition, with black, textured bedliner coating on the lower fenders and doors, fender flares removed

Collectors edition with tan "oak" interior. Wood trim removed.

all options including oem locking differentials, sunroof, electric door locks, windows, etc.. seat adjustment gears replaced and seats fully functional

lifted ~4 inches with old man emu shocks and 863 springs in rear and Slee 4" in front. The previous owner had 863j springs installed and the truck rode very rough when empty. After I installed the 863s and the rear swingout, I think the front caster is insufficient and will need new aftermarket bushings or plates to correct the steering on uneven roads.

315/75r17 AT tires on Tundra/Sequoia 17" wheels including 5th wheel

4x4 Labs copy (done by previous owner) rear swing-out bumper

front ARB winch bumper

rock sliders

upgraded alternator

rebuilt starter

Kenwood Excelon CD/stereo with Bluetooth and Boston speakers all around

extra parts included: new denso fuel pump and gasket, oil cap gasket, wiper blades, oil filters, battery isolator kit, Blitz 240 HID lights to be repaired, oem toyota factory light switch, nearly new factory service manual

The engine was refurbished in 2015, about 25,000 miles ago using all new oem gaskets, hoses, seals, radiator, engine harness, etc.. Just about every consumable component in the engine was replaced. The head was skimmed and fully rebuilt by Scroggins machine in Houston. The rotating assembly was was fine as the cylinder walls still had cross-hatching, the compression was good and there was no oil consumption so it was left alone.

I have a large binder with all receipts and invoices for those interested in details of the motor rebuild or service history.

I found this truck here on IH8MUD classifieds in late 2011 with 181,000 miles. It has been a benchmark for reliable daily transportation and as an adventure vehicle. Aside from the original alternator going out at 190,000 miles, it has never left me stranded. This shouldn't surprise anyone reading this site. I had always planned to keep the truck forever, but I need to move on.
Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited:
That's a solid deal right there. Don't expect this to stick around long at that price.

I spy the leak from the vehicle speed sensor coming out of the transfer case. That is the only leak i can find.

As for rust underneath: there is surface rust as you can see in the photos. For what its worth, I've never had any issue with stripping bolts or corroded brackets due to rust.

Bump for @flow !! Full disclosure I am friends with the seller. I have been in this truck more times than I can count up until the seller moved to Washington with it. This truck is a great example and the engine rebuild was done right and everything replaced that could be. Im sure when you see the receipts you will be shocked.

Sad to see you sell it, but I understand. The next owner will be getting a very good deal here at this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom