For Sale 1997 FZJ80 in Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has come for the 80 to go to a new home. It's been a great vehicle, just like every Toyota I’ve owned. It’s mechanically sound with no known issues. The reasons for selling are, in no particular order, apply to child’s college tuition expenses, it’s an extra vehicle in the house, and it needs to go to someone ready to wheel instead of a grocery getter.

I bought the truck in 2007 with 145K miles from the original owner. It currently has 259K. I have done all preventive and scheduled maintenance myself or have had it done by Slee Off Road in Golden, CO and Safari Ltd in Grand Junction, CO (no longer in business). I have all records and some prior to my ownership. The truck is located in Steamboat Springs Colorado.

Some highlights are as follows:
-Factory front / rear / center lockers and all engage as they should.
-Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" lift w/ heavy springs.
-Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac LT285/75r16
-Custom rear bumper by Luke at 4x4 Labs with spare tire and ladder swing out. Luke designed this to accommodate a 13gal. OE subtank that I never got around to adding.
-ARB front bumper
-Lightforce 240mm rally lights with Slee headlight wiring harness upgrade and OE Toyota Aux light switch.
-Warn winch and synthetic line
-Slee Sliders
-African Outback roof rack
-WeatherTech floor mats front and rear.
-Pioneer CD/DVD touch screen head unit professionally installed by Soundwerks of Scottsdale, AZ
-Headliner mounted DVD player and Bluetooth headphones for rear passengers
-New radiator and associated coolant hoses, heater valve, heater hoses, etc. All OE parts used and performed by Slee 20K miles ago.

I would rate the truck overall in very clean condition. It hasn't had any body damage or repairs from accidents, however I did tear the front passenger fender flare off on a rock in Moab. The body and undercarriage are rust free. The windshield is cracked. There is a small leak past crankshaft forward oil seal. The leather on both front seats is stiff and coming apart at the seams. The sheepskins add year round comfort and hide the damage.

This has been such a fun vehicle to own and a community to belong to. I am looking forward to selling it to someone looking for that same experience. Other accessories included. Feel free to contact me with any questions or additional picture requests. Asking $12,500.

20190804_142049.jpg

20190804_142218.jpg

20190804_142233.jpg

20190804_142255.jpg

20190804_142436.jpg

Reminds me of my old 80. Good looking rig. Glwts

Nice rig. I used to live on Pine Street- love me some Steamboat. I'd keep it. Children can get scholarships, grants, and work-study. An 80 is a perfect vehicle for Routt County. Sorry for the hijack, GLWS.

Buck208,
You are so right. So many areas to explore in Routt County. A favorite memory is loading 7 of us in it and driving to near the top of Hahns Peak and only saw ATV's and motorcycles up there. Time to accept this new chapter in life but I will always keep the great memories of this 80.

Bludozer,
Here are some more pics.

20190804_142521.jpg

20190804_142547.jpg

20190804_142608.jpg

20190804_142625.jpg

20190804_142637.jpg

Man, can’t believe I missed out on this one. Hopefully the new owner changes his mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom