For Sale 1997 FZJ80 Feeler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys,

Wanting to thin out the stable and thought I'd post my 80 up to sell and see what you guys think its worth.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80
40th Edition - Green
167k miles
Factory lockers
Complete engine rebuild, by Robbie Antonson (aka powderpig) at 142k miles with all Toyota parts from CDan (July 2010) - have receipts
Michelin LTX M/S 33's (including spare) put on at same time as rebuild
Pioneer Bluetooth deck
AATLAS1X Tan Leather Interior Kit installed by a local upholstery shop
Also has his seat warmers installed but I never had it hooked up yet
Clifford alarm with remote start
ARB Bull Bar
Rear swing out tire carrier by Sean, installed by Sean
OME 861/862 springs
Bilstein HD shocks
Magnaflow exhaust
Husky liners (first, second, and cargo)

Some detail on other work that Robbie did:

- Installed new oil pump and rotors, new timing chain, guides, tensioner, injectors.
- Tore down the front Axle and replaced the seals and bearing in the knuckle housing, birfs were in great shape and swapped them side to side.
- Installed new driver side spindle
- Replace all water hoses, vacuum
- Replace viscous fluid in fan clutch
- Replace power steering line and fluid
- Front axle rebuild
- Rear axle rebuild
- 1 mm over Toyota pistons

Other maintenance done
- Shell Rotella T6 oil change every 5k miles
- Chevron MD-3 ATF drain and fill every other oil change
- Applied Leatherique just after I got the leather kit installed, been following it up with Lexol routinely ever since.
- Sunroof was leaking a little bit of water one year, so had a local shop where the owner is on MUD and familiar with 80's fix the issue.

Issues:
- Paint is oxidized. I found another hood that is on it now, but the windshield fluid line is not hooked up
- Front right passenger window rattles a little when it is rolled down
- PRNDL light is out
- Right front corner light is out, have replacement
- Fender flares are loose but I have replacements that I haven't put on

History:
I bought the truck in San Luis Obispo, CA in 2010. It had a blown head gasket which the PO knew of but didn't disclose. Drove it for a couple of weeks and then started getting smoke out the tailpipe. Robbie looked at it and said full engine rebuild is the only way to go, so we went that route with all new Toyota parts.

My wife switches back and forth between driving the truck and an accord. If I don't sell it, its not a big deal since I feel much safer when she drives it because of the bull bar.

Pictures
https://plus.google.com/photos/1182...s/6066776901254923457?authkey=CO_A7ojLirCBvQE

Thanks,
John

Last edited:
Pictures would probably help your situation.

x2

Updated the description a bit. Will post links to pics tomorrow morning. About to run to a wedding.

Thanks,
John

Uploaded some pics. Wanted to take some more of the undercarriage and engine bay but phone ran out of space. Will try to post some more today if the wife doesn't have me doing chores.

Nice looking cruiser! I have been looking for an FZJ80 for a while and this is what I am looking for. Please let me know what you are thinking for price. Or call me so we can discuss. Dave 541- three zero one- 2782.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom