1997 FZJ80 - CB/GMRS Radio and using front dash speakers - Has Anyone Done This? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've checked and checked and I don't seem to see any forum posting in the 80 series where someone has utilized the front dash speakers (DS at knee level and PS/ by the glovebox) to connect to a CB/GRMS Radio.

Has anyone used them for a CB/GMRS Radio? Is it even possible? I should think so...but then again, s it even worth it?

I use the driver side dash speaker for my Yaesu HAM, works great.

I’m using the space in the center console where the LX450 stock sub goes. Both passenger and driver can hear comms well. I used an external ICOM speaker. You might be able to do the same with some modification?

I’m using the space in the center console where the LX450 stock sub goes. Both passenger and driver can hear comms well. I used an external ICOM speaker. You might be able to do the same with some modification?
I'm not running the Lexus version. My center console has an open spot for a soda instead of a sub ;)

I like how people are using that center sub for their radios though!

That was my plan. Already have the center sub used for the CB (LX). Was going to do the in dash speakers for the GMRS. Stereo shop said no can do, but I can’t remember why. I think it was a rewiring hassle. So, I bailed on the idea.

I've checked and checked and I don't seem to see any forum posting in the 80 series where someone has utilized the front dash speakers (DS at knee level and PS/ by the glovebox) to connect to a CB/GRMS Radio.

Has anyone used them for a CB/GMRS Radio? Is it even possible? I should think so...but then again, s it even worth it?
I did years ago. Just cut the cap out of the speaker so it is full range.

I’m using an external speaker mounted in the overhead console thing (with the altimeter and sub fuel gage pod). Works really well as it’s up high aimed directly at the drivers ear, making it super clear.

Was a little tricky to rub the wire up and make a bracket, but totally worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom