For Sale 1997 FJ80 w/Cummins 4bt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am still not 100% sure I want to let this go, but I have some priority changes going on so here we go. 1997 fj80. Great condition. This has been a west coast truck until I purchased it back in February. There are several upgrades/modification on this truck so ill do my best to list them all. I just use this truck as my weekend warrior. Drive on the beach 2-3 times/week. I have never taken this through any mud or done any rock crawling and judging by the condition of undercarriage, its doesnt look like the previous owners did either. Drives super smooth on any road way and will cruise 85 on the highway effortlessly. I am constantly stopped by people that ask questions and get tons of compliments. I did not wash or vacuum the truck before these pics, but this is as dirty as it ever gets!

Exterior....Great condition! As mentioned, this was a west coast truck. The paint has some oxidation in areas, and I did buff some of the panels and the paint comes out very nicely. It wasnt that important to me for this to be a show truck so I honestly didnt put in that much effort. There are some paint chips on the hood, a dent on the tail gate, a couple paint chips here and there, everything to be expected for a 21 year old truck. There are 2 rust holes on the rocker panel below the rear doors. The previous owner left the original running boars on the truck which dirt/water/grime was trapped and we all know what happens. I removed the factory roof rack and there is some surface bubbling/paint rubs on the roof under where some of the mounts were. Again nothing terrible but should be treated soon. All the glass is in tact. The windshield has a few nicks and one very minor crack which looks to have been sealed. Sunroof is functional and does not leak. Still has the stock bumpers, both in good shape. I removed the front bumper/grille, sanded and painted them. As you can see in the photoes purchased the Bowfin cruisers rack which is rock solid and very stylish. I also have a 6x8 ARB awning, and mounting brackets with stainless hardware (not pictured, I removed to pull the truck in my garage). The fender flares were trimmed some when I removed the running boards/mud flaps. They will need some minor attention to mount/adhere to the body better.

Drive train....As mentioned, the truck has a Cummins 4bt that was originally installed by Proffits Cruisers in Colorado. The P/O had the conversion done several years ago. The engine runs like a sewing machine. Was just serviced last week. Good oil pressure and temperature. Does leave a drip of oil here and there, but no major leaks. The truck does NOT have air conditioning. There is a company that makes a bracket for the engine, and you can pick up a compressor from a dodge truck and bolt on. Brand new aluminum radiator and hoses. Electric fan. Dual batteries...not sure the age of the batteries but they dont look that old. 700R4 transmission. Shifts very smooth. Stock transfer case w/slee part time conversion and aisin lock out hubs. Highly recommend if you dont have that done already. Axles are the original to the vehicle. I dont know for a fact, but I am confident it has the stock gear ratio. I replaced the seals/bearings on the drivers side knuckle. There was nothing really wrong other than the seal was falling apart. I have a brand new kit for the passenger side, just not installed yet. I had the truck thoroughly inspected by a reputable diesel technician and he gave everything the thumbs up. 4 wheel disc brakes, all work very well and the ebrake works well. The pads will probably need to be replaced in the next 10k or so miles. The rotors are still in good shape and can probably get away with turning them. There is no vibration when braking. Absolutely no rust on the frame and most of the suspension components. There is a nice coat of oil/grease/grime under neath which will keep rusting from ever happening. Power steering has new hydraulic hoses and power steering functions as it should

Suspension...Slee complete 4" lift kit w/caster correction plates. This truck rides super smooth better than stock ride and flexes out really awesome! OME shocks and steering stabalizer. The coil powder coating is chipping off and there is some minor rust on the coils, but does affect the performance. All the bushing are in good shape and everything functions as it should. Just put on new sway bar bushings.

Wheels/tires....35x12.50x17 BFG All terrains. The tires have about 7000 miles on them and are in excellent shape. Only used on road and sand. I have a brand new spare included as well. The wheels are 17x8.5 Method Roost Bronze wheels. I chose these because they are super light weighing about 26lbs per wheel. Plus the bronze looks amazing with the white paint. I purchased new several months ago with the tires.

Interior.....The seats are in what I would consider excellent shape for their age. There is some very minor cracking, but absolutely no holes. I tried to keep them conditioned and as long the the next person does, they will last a long time. 3rd row seats are included. Carpet overall isnt bad. I try to keep in vacuumed regularly. A couple minor stains, but again great for its age. The dash is really nice with no cracking. The steering wheel is showing a little age, but not too bad. The automatic shifter leather is also chaffing, but still ok. I removed all the original wood panel inserts. CD player w/bluetooth and plug in option. Speakers all work but the rears dont sound that great. Power antenna works.

Electrical....All of the power windows/locks work. Front windows can be slow at times but we all know thats typical. The air bag light stays lit on the dash. I wasnt worried about it and not important enough for me to investigate. The reverse lights do not come on, but Im pretty sure there is a wire under the shifter panel that needs repair. The 4wd lights do not come on the dash when in 4wd. I assume either the bulbs are out, or they were not connected during the conversion. As mentioned, the truck does NOT have a/c. The factory condenser/dash unit, duct work, switches are all there...just no compressor. Driving it around this summer wasnt that bad with all the windows down which i prefer anyways. The heat works as it should and fan blows strong. The cruise control does not work. I assume that they did not attempt to sync with the 700r4 transmission. Not that big of a deal to me, so I didnt investigate. Windshield wipers work as they should, and the windshield sprayers work fine.

This truck is in awesome shape and drives amazing, but its still 21 years old and it is not perfect. I am asking $17,500. Serious inquiries only please. Make sure you have your finances straight before contacting me especially if you are using a bank to finance. I can help arrange shipping anywhere is the us. I paid $1500 to have it shipped from 3003 miles away. My schedule is flexible so I can meet just about any day if you want to come see in person/test drive. Ill be happy to answer any questions I can or provide additional photos. Located in Ocean City Maryland. Feel free to call me 443 880 0360
LC2.jpg
LC8.jpg

LC5.jpg
LC6.jpg

LC4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom