Wanted 1997 FJ80 Locked Moonglow Gray - 150K Miles or Less Preferred (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Looking for a nicely built rig in line with the description above. Shocking huh?

Will look at an unmolested no-rust stock, but would prefer a nicely built rig for my family ski trips. Nothing too over the top.

Have you been thinking you'd sell for the right price? Perhaps we can figure that out...would love to move on this ASAP.

Thanks for the help. Love this forum!

Text preferred - 484-557-9707

Glenn

Just to give you an idea of what sort of addressable market you're going after....

There were fewer than 2500 locked "non special edition" FZJ80s sold in 1997. And then another 822 locked CE's.

Ten paint codes in 1997.
Let's be generous and say 15% of them were Moonglow.

So there were maybe 500 made (probably less).
Now add in the miles requirement. 150K is low. I'd guess that's 25% of the pool.
Down to 125.
And then rust free. Maybe half of those.

So you're looking for one of sixty in existence. And one of those owners has to see your Ad and be willing to sell to you right now.

This is a tall order.

Just to give you an idea of what sort of addressable market you're going after....

There were fewer than 2500 locked "non special edition" FZJ80s sold in 1997. And then another 822 locked CE's.

Ten paint codes in 1997.
Let's be generous and say 15% of them were Moonglow.

So there were maybe 500 made (probably less).
Now add in the miles requirement. 150K is low. I'd guess that's 25% of the pool.
Down to 125.
And then rust free. Maybe half of those.

So you're looking for one of sixty in existence. And one of those owners has to see your Ad and be willing to sell to you right now.

This is a tall order.

Thanks ace10.

Appreciate the guidance. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

i did get a response on a clean Moonglow 80, stock with 200K on the odometer.
I might pivot my interest there, but would greatly prefer something ready to drive now, with somebody taking advantage of my impatience.

Thanks ace10.

Appreciate the guidance. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I might pivot my interest there, but would greatly prefer something ready to drive now, with somebody taking advantage of my impatience.
I have a 1997 40th Anniversary Edition I am considering selling for the right price. Color is Sage, however. 168k on the clock, triple-locked. Needs A/C compressor ($700). Otherwise runs great. Newer shocks and brakes and full stock, no mods.

Would you mind passing on the info to me if you’re not going to go for it? I’ve been on the same adventure as you...

were you able to find the information in the listing I posted? Photos, etc...
Ah, yes. Thanks for steering me to it. Having lived in Michigan my whole life and recently moved to the desert, I’m looking for a rust free truck. Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom