1997 FJ80 Exhaust Manifold Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are the failed results:

445D7C5E-4C8C-45A9-B3BC-44C188599AD2.jpeg

wth (failed for exhaust leak, can you really see the exhaust leak ? It's visual smog check not hearing smog check )That smog tech look to fail for star score . Bring your truck back and ask for free re-test. Your 80 got air injection right? the smog tech messed up on the inspection.

Last edited:
Link above for Exhaust Manifold Downpipe Kit link not working for me. My 97 is cracking and will need eventual replacement so I wanted to take a look. Any help?

wth (failed for exhaust leak, can you really see the exhaust leak ? It's visual smog check not hearing smog check )That smog tech look to fail for star score . Bring your truck back and ask for free re-test. Your 80 got air injection right? the smog tech messed up on the inspection.
I actually found the leak at the bottom of the manifold. I took a shop vac and soapy water and luckily was able to find it pretty easily. I replaced the gasket and I “think” I’m good. They’ll give me a free retest which I’m planning on doing tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens??

I have the "noise" going to spray soapy water (excessive soap to H2O ratio) and see what's up. If I have one leak, I am doing both.
I just put my leaf blower in the tail pipe and fired it up. A bit of soapy water and the Y pipes are both foaming like they are rabid. :) Have all the OEM parts from dealer. Figured while in there I will replace manifold gaskets too ... and manifolds b/c they were only $250 for the pair. Then, since I have them off, I will pop the oil cooler and clean that out and replace the seals in it. Everything going back in is new and OEM and I expect another 250k miles out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom